The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

alajuela

Hi
This is another New Zealand shot at Milford Sound on the boat tour. In the jpeg is hard to see but there are two ships on the right against the mountains, and seals on the rock on the left foreground. Shot in late afternoon in February.
Cambo AE / IQ180 / Roden 40mm

schuster

Moonrise in Wilmot New Hampshire. ArcBody, 45mm Rodenstock Apo-Grandagon, Phase One IQ160, three image horizontal stitch. Friggin' cold.

danlindberg

Nice one Shortpballer :D Love Morgans!!

I have done a series of conceptual images of a Morgan roadster V6. This is one....

gerald.d

Was sat at the pool bar minding my own business yesterday evening and enjoying a quiet pint, and then I noticed a very small, very low, cloud overhead.

Carried on drinking, looked up again, and decided to abandon my pint and head back to the hotel room...

23HR, Max, IQ180.
f/11, ISO50, 45 seconds.
Probably played around with it in Silver Efex Pro 2 a little too much, but what the heck :D

And yes - an IQ260 would have been rather nice to have been able to take advantage of last night!

pophoto

Alpa Max
50HR Alpagon
17mm Tilt Adapter x2
P65+
Profoto Lighting

I'm not sure if what I am seeing it shift or post processing, while a good amount of depth of the car and grass to the left is in focus, somehow the bushes in the right are out of focus, until behind the car. It's like it's playing tricks on my mind!
Also some selective focus on the fence and tree on left!

thrice

Was sat at the pool bar minding my own business yesterday evening and enjoying a quiet pint, and then I noticed a very small, very low, cloud overhead.

Carried on drinking, looked up again, and decided to abandon my pint and head back to the hotel room...

23HR, Max, IQ180.
f/11, ISO50, 45 seconds.
Probably played around with it in Silver Efex Pro 2 a little too much, but what the heck :D

And yes - an IQ260 would have been rather nice to have been able to take advantage of last night!
Wow, powerful image. Not wild about the grain at the top though, is that long exposure or Silver Efex? Not meaning to tell you your business but if it is the former then localised NR shouldn't ruin the image since they're blurry clouds anyway. Either way, great shot!

No post process or selective focus. Just Artistic use of a tilt adapter ;) All of our work is meant to play tricks on the mind but at the same time bring the viewer into the photo in a way that a flat photo could never otherwise do.

DosSantos/Lemone

I'm not sure if what I am seeing it shift or post processing, while a good amount of depth of the car and grass to the left is in focus, somehow the bushes in the right are out of focus, until behind the car. It's like it's playing tricks on my mind!
Also some selective focus on the fence and tree on left!

gerald.d

Wow, powerful image. Not wild about the grain at the top though, is that long exposure or Silver Efex? Not meaning to tell you your business but if it is the former then localised NR shouldn't ruin the image since they're blurry clouds anyway. Either way, great shot!
Hi Daniel - nope, I'm not wild about the noise either. It's from Silver Efex - the original is pretty clean as I shot without the center filter, and didn't correct for the light fall-off with the LCC. From experience, shooting these night shots with the center filter pushes the exposure time or ISO too far and makes things very noisy.

I'll probably play around with it a bit more to get a better balance between the noise and the dramatic impact of pushing things maybe a little too far!

Regards,

Gerald.

alajuela

No post process or selective focus. Just Artistic use of a tilt adapter ;) All of our work is meant to play tricks on the mind but at the same time bring the viewer into the photo in a way that a flat photo could never otherwise do.

DosSantos/Lemone
Hi
Is a great shot, you say tilt, not swing - correct?

I like it!!
Phil

jotloob

Subscriber Member

Sorry for a little bit of cheating . Taken with HASSELBLAD FE150 + CFV-39 .
But it matches Dans tractor image .

Marlyn

Iceland.

Godafoss waterfall in middle of winter. Fresh snow.

How fresh you ask ? Well we (Josh Holko and I), drove through the blizzard the night before, and then followed the snow plow for 20 miles as it cleared a 2ft high drift through the main pass out of Akureyri :)

Cambo WRS-AE, IQ160, SK60mm. 2 shot Pano (shifted).

View attachment 71181

And just for kicks, the aforementioned Snow Plow. Beast of a machine.

IQ160, 645DF, 75-150mm Lens.

View attachment 71182

Last edited:

gerald.d

So the next morning, I thought I'd give the Schneider APO-Digitar 6.8/210 a bit of a workout on the Seitz VR Drive.

70 shots and a lot of stitching later, here's the result -

crop:

(If anyone needs a 30 metre tall print, do get in touch :toocool:)