The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

Professional

I think this warrants a separate thread, as there are several aspects when one starts looking into tech. There is no single camera "that does it all perfectly" and so each person is going to have a set of priorities, and their priority list will drive their final decision. So I would advise you to start a new thread and ask the questions -- actually, scratch that, I will start it for you and demand in advance that folks play nice and that we don't want any brand-wars, just individual *opinions* on why folks choose what they did :)
Thank you very much for your valuable help, hope it will be a big help or even a reference to proper choice. :thumbs:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well I went down to Tubac AZ. and with a limited amount of time and also bad weather i was only able to get a couple shots with the Cambo and the 35XL and my IQ 160. I actually wound up in a museum there and shot this school house image with a 3 shot vertical stitch. Shot at F11 at 1 second exposures ISO 50. I focused squarely on the table with using focus mask as my main tool for focusing. Nothing great but I got to play and that is fine with me.

This one is just a straight 35mm Vertical shot with overcast skies ISO 50 at F11.

These are without center filters which comes today and this lens I feel could benefit from a CF.

danlindberg

Today I had 20 minutes free time in the great cathedral of Lund. Ofcourse with the Alpa SWA and the 35XL on my shoulder. I also have my featherlight Gitzo 2531 with the smallest Novoflex Magic Ball. This weighs close to nothing and holds the camera surprisingly steady dispite its size/weight. I have a much sturdier Gitzo as well for windy conditions, but that one weighs like a baby elephant, so that stays mainly in the car.

Anyway, given the short amount of time in the church, I was completely focused on finding one image. And one image only. It is a big chathedral and my shot here only shows one part of it, but I really liked the light and also liked the idea of the table with the two candles in the forground. So, it had to be this one.

From here on, I really take my time to set it up. I am extremely picky with the exact amount of rise and picky placement for all lines to square up. This image is not altered at all and that gives me added satisfaction. Precise composition takes a bit of patience, but I love that.

It was shot with the 35XL with 15mm rise, 10 seconds @f8,5

cs750

Beautiful subject elegantly done; I like the candles off to the left foreground in an otherwise centered foreground, middle ground, and background. Charles

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Belvedere Castle in Central Park. Did I mention that I'm struggling to keep my on tripod stuff from looking stagey? Alpa Max + SK 120mm + IQ 180. 20mm or so of rise and a couple of degrees of tilt. A light tripod did not produce optimum results with this lens.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Ganesh (the Hindu god of good fortune) meets Irene. Alpa TC + 47mm SK + IQ 180. Handheld. Distance measured with Leica disto.

danlindberg

"Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here."

No photography today, cause I've been busy buying stuff :D

I have had my basic setup for almost 3 weeks and now I could not resist to buy a new lens.....:loco:

I am the proud owner of a beautiful Schneider 5.6/120 N :thumbs:

Ps. Thanks again for your very kind words CS750, that's what makes me want to post more...

Woody, I see that you were kind enough to show me how excellent of a lens I have just bought :D

jotloob

Subscriber Member
View attachment 48293

Here an example shot with a SK SUPER ANGULON XL 72 mm + CFV-39 .
The lens is from my LF stock and I got it adapted for ALPA . It is not the digitally optimized SK 72mm version .
The image is a crop from within the centered square part of the sensor .
ISO100 f/11 . Hood was a short collapsable rubber hood .

cs750

Dan, I know the "feeling" too; I have had the RM3di for about 10 days and have ordered the 150 mm Rodenstock and the 23 mm. I don't know how long it will be, I knew I had to get the order in if I want to use them this year (which may be optimistic). My equipment will most likely exceed my skills, but if I don't have the tools, I can't play with them. "Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here." definitely applies! I have most of my woodworking equipment up for sale! Charles

danlindberg

First day with my SK 120N. Wow, what an amazing lens :thumbs: It is among the sharpest I have seen and renders beautifully.

This one with sun in the back, underexposed half a stop and 5mm rise.

This one deep in the woods with sunrays filtered through the trees. No shift.

This lens has instantly become a favorite. :D

danlindberg

I had to go down to my studio to try out the SK 120N with strobes and closeup limit of the lens. It is the version where infinity is optimized, but I have to say that it is not too shabby closeup either.
This is heavily cropped and at 1.2 metres. One strobe from behind (no sh_t) 1/60 @f22.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I had to go down to my studio to try out the SK 120N with strobes and closeup limit of the lens. It is the version where infinity is optimized, but I have to say that it is not too shabby closeup either.
This is heavily cropped and at 1.2 metres. One strobe from behind (no sh_t) 1/60 @f22.

I eagerly wait the delivery of my SK120N
-bob