The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Peter, I really like your image! I might like to see a bit darker in the lower quarter-tone, or maybe more black overall, but otherwise, excellent!

PeterL

Peter, I really like your image! I might like to see a bit darker in the lower quarter-tone, or maybe more black overall, but otherwise, excellent!
Thanks Jack, much appreciated. I will try to work up another version.

Cheers, -Peter

Don Libby

Cambo WRS, Schneider 72mm and Phase One P65+.
The image was processed this morning as a test to see the improvements in C1 6.3
ICC Profile set at Phase One P 65+ Outdoor Daylight with high contrast film.
Custom white balance in C1. The LCC was performed with color cast, light falloff and dust removal all checked. The file was then saved as a tiff and opened in CS5 where I used a slight adjustment in levels, added the watermark and saved as a jpeg. All in all not too bad for less than 10 minutes work. The reds are a little more pronounced in the jpeg version than in the tiff. Tried saving 2 separate ways and still came up the same.

SergeiR

Hmm.. shadows are a bit too much noisy for me taste, sorry. Much pulling was done?

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Quick shot from this morning in Yosemite. Shot with Cambo and Rodie 32mm with some fall. This is residual smoke from a fire that has been lingering for a about a week.

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Here's another view from our morning shoot in a recent fire area of Yosemite, still full of lots of smoke. This was the Arca RM3Di, 40 HR-W with 10mm rise and 1 degree forward tilt. I liked the rainbow flare spot so left it in:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
View off Glacier Point
SK72

Recent Fire
SK43 10mm rise 1 deg forward tilt

Fallen Tree
SK43 10mm rise 1 deg forward tilt

-bob

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Just kicked this one out of C1, similar to above with C1 B&W tool, split sepia. Same lens, 1-1/2 degree tilt, 5mm rise:

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Is Guy making his famous marinated stuffed steak for you guys?
That was one of the highlights from the trip I took a few years back with you both.
Keep the excellent images coming!
Lance

etrump

Loving those backlit forest and smoke images. Very dramatic and creative use of all that smoke.

etrump

Ed, the Oak Alley Plantation image is stunning with much eye appeal; it may be one instance where there can be little debate about what composition works best. I lived in New Orleans for three years many decades ago and visited there just before Katrina. If I make it back I would like to get a few shots at Oak Alley Plantation with some colorful leaves. Charles
Thank you Charles. This was my first visit to Oak Alley. What a special place with an incredible history.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Is Guy making his famous marinated stuffed steak for you guys?
That was one of the highlights from the trip I took a few years back with you both.
Keep the excellent images coming!
Lance
No special Guy steak this trip, just Jack BBQ rib-eyes (huge) last night, local (excellent) Mexican food tonight, and we have not decided tomorrow's menu yet :). We hope to get some T-storm activity tomorrow, stay tuned! And BTW Lance, missing you on this one!