The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

gerald.d

Thanks Graham. Unfortunately there's some foreground stuff in a corner of the frame that is preventing me from getting the crop and composition that I'd really like. It could easily be content aware erased, but I'm rather averse to resorting to that kind of skulduggery :)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Certainly some more room to breath around the main elements would be nice but hey you have to work with what you've got! :) I like it as it is too - the angles work well I think.

(the old adage about life giving you lemons and making lemonade comes to mind)

gerald.d

With some skulduggery.

(This is basically the original frame, with a couple of objects in the bottom left content-aware deleted. I'm not usually a fan of this kind thing, but if I'd been able to move a couple of meters to the right, this is what I would have shot.)

Thoughts?

/edit
Interestingly enough... http://instagram.com/p/W7OSaGSlee/ ;)

Shashin

Gerald, I shoot full frame. This is the game I decided to play, at least for my personal work. It is just my thing. I do retouch dust on the sensor--if you think about it, the dust was there and I am changing the reality of the situation. I don't retouch anything else. Other have a different set of rules when they are for work. Every set of rules is arbitrary. Whether you stick to them or not is arbitrary--work I do for others has a different set of rules. The way I look at it, the rules I use I use because they please me. I think it is amazing that you can capture a moment in space and time that somehow is ideal on a single frame. However, I don't apply my rules, my game, to others. I simply like to enjoy what another artist wants us to see--the game becomes irrelevant at that point.

It is your game. Show us what you want to show us.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Gerald,

I think it looks better with the extra space (the fibonacci spiral composition may be part of that harmonious feeling I guess). As you say this what your intention for the shot was and as you visualized it and removing another building was a tad impractical. It's art, not documentary, so who cares about the removal of distractions. :thumbs: