The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

danlindberg

The first one is my favorite Dave! Really great.

Today I took my SK 120 N for a spin. Haven't being using it lately and felt like playing. This one became my keeper....

Alpa SWA • SK 120 N • f8 • 1/60 • iso 50 • 14mm rise

PeterA

Hi Will ! nice site btw..

- I have a lot of family in WA - many in the wheat belt, a few sheep farmers down South and a couple of vignerons in the Cape country. A regular visitor this time of the year - and get my surf fix at the usual spots.

Micek - that is a lovely compliment - much appreciated and thank you!

Sbaze - blues suit cool don't they? However - the shots were made when the ambient temperature was over 40 degrees Celsius!

Lovely shot Dan - love the framing of the window by the shadows.

Wentbackward - thanks for pointing out the dust spots - now I am going to decide between another ultimately self defeating sensor clean or a pixel peaking hunt for all those spots - !!! -:)

Pete

yaya

Pete if cleaning the IR filter is too much hard work you can use the Spot Removal tool in Capture One. If the spots are in the same location in all the images you can copy+apply the removal to all of them

Or just let the LCC tool clean them for you...

PeterA

:ROTFL:Hi Yair...

I do think it is sensor dust - since I use the back on the artec as well...

I have a full copy of C1 Pro - but have never really used it much and certainly am not familiar with all its capabilities - previously most stuff was done in Phocus when I was shooting H , and with Sinar (of course) I have to use Expose both because the software ( whilst clunky in GUI) delivers the best white shading workflow for movements - and in SLR shooting C1 doesn't support the S2 ( tsk tsk tsk) - lightroom is creeping up on everyone in terms of cross platform utility and amenity..and that is what I use mostly - except when forced to use the Sinar software..which is mandatory.

long story short C1 has always been a don't really need it piece of software - but maybe I will get around to spending the required 20 or so hours to get up to speed - there is a lot to like about it.

* I am a rather lazy person when it comes to updates though - I never updated my M8 firmware, haven't updated my M9 firmware and haven't updated my S2 firmware...

I have decided to get Dave in Sydney to print all my large stuff - so maybe I will make him responsible for any cleanup required on Gallery files !!:D

Pete

Peter, C-One will sort out those kinds of dust spots in a Jiffy. So long as you remember to shoot your LCC (which I forget to do so often it ain't funny)

cunim

Cowls off, service time under a winter evening sky
- AS Monolith, Apo Sironar 135, about 5' tilt
- Plane of focus runs just below top surface

Last edited:

PeterA

Glad you liked the shot Shelby.

Cowls off, service time under a winter evening sky
- AS Monolith, Apo Sironar 135, about 5' tilt
- Plane of focus runs just below top surface
Nice use of tilt to make that very interesting and challenging shot!

Pete

Christopher

Ladue Reservoir. A small lake I live on here East of Cleveland. Both images are from similar locations, 12 days apart. First one is a single capture, second is a three image stitch. Both are from the SK 150mm. No rise on the first one, 5mm on the second image. Both have been cropped vertically. Alpa STC, IQ180

Dave

Really enjoyed them.