The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Thanks Thierry and Olderthandirt :)

I am mighty impressed by the Schneider 120/5.6 N. Not easy to see on a web image, but it really is razorsharp.

Alpa SWA | SK 120 | f11 | 1/60 | iso 25 | 20mm rise | Two vertical stitch

It is a terrific lens (I have the same lineup as you plus the 47 because the 35 doesn't work shifted with my back). But also a lovely image.

Thierry

Dan, I can believe this, it is one of the highest resolving lenses Schneider ever did, according to them.

How is the bokeh?

Nice image BTW

Thierry

Thanks Thierry and Olderthandirt :)

I am mighty impressed by the Schneider 120/5.6 N. Not easy to see on a web image, but it really is razorsharp.

Alpa SWA | SK 120 | f11 | 1/60 | iso 25 | 20mm rise | Two vertical stitch

danlindberg

Woody, since I have the little 22mp back, my 35 XL is superb. I can do 10mm of shift with hardly any difference compared to unshifted, and I can stretch it to 15mm if I really need it. Some stretching and loss of resolution at the far end, but still not too bad. The 43 I would love to try out :)

Thierry, to be honest I have not shot it wide open a lot (SK 120), but by coincidence I did one today to try out bokeh. This one was at 5.6 and I think around 2 metres focuspoint. Again, the sharpness is impressive even wide open. The bokeh maybe isn't a Summilux 50/1.4, but it is not at all bad...;)

Last edited:

Christopher

Just finished all images from this years project. Here are a two to share.

IQ180 | Rmd3i | 32mm | 2 images

Design by Benny Ekman

IQ180 | Rmd3i | 32mm | 6 images

Design by Javier Opazo, Jens Thoms Ivarsson, Mats Nilsson & Ethan Friedman

danlindberg

Some tilt, some stack ...

Death Valley Racetrack
Alpa STC, SK 35, 1/8 f/11

Excellent image Graham!

Enlighten me on how you could produce "some tilt" with a STc and SK 35 ?

@ Ed, thanks, I usually love high key images and wonder why I don't do them a bit more often....

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Excellent image Graham!

Enlighten me on how you could produce "some tilt" with a STc and SK 35 ?
Ah yes, I can see how that might be confusing. What I probably should have said is "Some people use tilt, but we Alpa folks stack" :D

The only tilt here was the camera body. Three image focus stack. The rocks helpfully stayed where they were during the shot. :)

danlindberg

Got it :D Thought maybe you had some tricks up your sleeve....:toocool:

Ah yes, I can see how that might be confusing. What I probably should have said is "Some people use tilt, but we Alpa folks stack" :D

The only tilt here was the camera body. Three image focus stack. The rocks helpfully stayed where they were during the shot. :)

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Graham
It's beautiful, great composition and sharpness.

And yet, I can't help wondering if this picture were taken on a different day than the workshop's visit to the racetrack. It has a sky and contrast! :rolleyes:

--Matt

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member

Graham - Thanks for this. It had been a while since I had used Helicon Focus. There is a relatively new version that is greatly improved in terms of speed and stability with big MF files. (I've also took some steps to speed up my desktop mac tower.) I tried it on some legacy files that had been problematic. It's now fast enough that you can make multiple efforts futzing with the parameters until it looks right. This was a tough one because it was windy so the trees were moving and the clouds were traveling at high speed. It came out fine with high setting on radius and smoothing with some minor funkiness in the clouds that could be fixed by hand.

I had given up on it - nice to have it back as a tool. Here's the image - six frames focus stacked in Helicon. BTW the perspective is correct - I leveled and shifted with my Max. The street light in the foreground was actually leaning to the left in real life.