The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

etrump

Ed, just curious, is it a color cast in the sky or is it natural ? It looks like quite a strong cast.
It's actually more of an exposure trick than anything. The sky lit up magenta as it was snowing as the sun rose. I purposely blended an overexposed sky to make the gray clouds look white and reduced contrast In the sky substantially to make it look more like daylight. I've sat on the image for three or four years but decided it was interesting enough to post.

That said, I can't remember if I used an LCC but the edges don't look dark and color is in the middle rather than edges.

Last edited:

dchew

Rob,
Very nice! I wonder how those textures would come out in b&w...? Especially with the sudden change from greens to browns in the left vs. right side.

Dave

dchew

It snowed last week (one of the few times this year; very mild winter). The leaves have started to come out, and I liked the soft colors from the early leaves vs. the snow.

This was also my first attempt at a pseudo-HDR image. I tried the LCC trick posted on Capture Integration's website. Not sure how I feel about it yet. The trees have somewhat of a glowing halo in a small image like this. I tried a 17x22 print and the 'glow' is much less noticeable in print.

Alpa STC, IQ180, SK 150, ~ 10mm rise (back fall actually).

Dave

Dave, you're welcome to have a go with the jpg! I think though that a good part of the interest in this image lies in the juxtaposition of colours - the warm sand and sandstone against the vivid green sea-lettuce.

Rob

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Another long exposure example. I'd have preferred to go much longer but not with the IQ160 alas.

Alpa STC, IQ160, 35XL, 1min @ f/11, ISO 50, 10mm rise, 13 stop ND.

Altdo

Gotta love this weather :clap:

Stata Center Courtyard, MIT Campus.

Horseman SW-D II Pro
Rodenstock 35mm
P45+
ISO 50; f/11; 1/15th
3 Image vertical stitch

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Very nice! I did not realize the Gehry design got built at MIT -- I thought there was a big suit over design flaws?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Another long exposure example. I'd have preferred to go much longer but not with the IQ160 alas.

Alpa STC, IQ160, 35XL, 1min @ f/11, ISO 50, 10mm rise, 13 stop ND.
Very nice Graham! Got to love the way the big, clean MF files convert to B&W -- so far nothing else comes close ;)