The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

Last edited:
Still practising after switching to the Techno. Really feel at home on this camera. It's so versatile. Live view takes some getting used too and the movements are all so small compared with film, but you get used to it pretty quickly as the camera is so nice to use. Cokin filter with an ND16 used for focusing.

Placed a strip of focus about 1 1/4' wide right along the bench leading up to the rock with chinese characters. Linhof Techo, SK 120N ASPH, IQ160a

Last edited:
I've never had on-axis tilt before. It's remarkable just how much easier it is to focus. Here a few degrees of tilt to get everything in focus. SK 120N ASPH, IQ160, Techno. With the 100% zoom in liveview, there's no guess work.

These shots are all a few mins from my home, around our village. Suddenly I was surrounded by all these gorgeous butterflies, it was most wonderful, like something from an old Chinese story. Anyhow I decided to sneak up on one (with a view camera and 5 series Gitzo!). Got this close before some noisy hikers came to see what I was up to and scared the thing off. I was not impressed. Cropped to 4x5. I might include a detail shot later if anyone wants to see.

dick

I've never had on-axis tilt before. It's remarkable just how much easier it is to focus. Here a few degrees of tilt to get everything in focus. SK 120N ASPH, IQ160, Techno. With the 100% zoom in liveview, there's no guess work.
When you use a Sinar with the special Sinar sliding back (which costs more than a D800) you get a full set of yaw free (on axis) movements both ends.

Don Libby

Went out yesterday to really try out my new IQ160 and came back with these. All captured using a Cambo WRS, Schneider 35mm (CF) and IQ 160.

I really really like the new workflow during capture. More on that later.

Don

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Don,

For technical cameras the IQ and Leaf UIs are superb. I dont know if you're using the live view features or not but I really appreciate the 100% zoom and focus mask features of the IQ160 myself with my Alpa. (Ditto the Leaf zoom and local histogram/sampling too). The P+ interfaces are so crude by comparison, although ultimately the histogram does get the job done.

Don Libby

Don,

For technical cameras the IQ and Leaf UIs are superb. I dont know if you're using the live view features or not but I really appreciate the 100% zoom and focus mask features of the IQ160 myself with my Alpa. (Ditto the Leaf zoom and local histogram/sampling too). The P+ interfaces are so crude by comparison, although ultimately the histogram does get the job done.
Totally agree with you. I found my workflow speeding up yesterday. While I haven't fully delved into the live view aspect I have taken advantage of the focus mask and zoom. I purposely looked for areas that in normal circumstances would have been a challenge. I found myself setting up the shot, looking at the focus mask and double tapping the screen and moving the image around checking various areas. All very fast.

I think this is a huge improvement using on a tech camera. I'll be going out again with the DF to see if there's any real improvement there however the real reason for the chance was for my WRS. I'm very happy based on yesterday little experiment.

Don

Paul2660

Don,

Nice shots, looks are dry as here.

On the shots with the 35mm, with the 160 how much shift are you getting with the CF before the magenta/detail smearing comes into play.

Paul

Don Libby

Don,

Nice shots, looks are dry as here.

On the shots with the 35mm, with the 160 how much shift are you getting with the CF before the magenta/detail smearing comes into play.

Paul
Paul, I haven't tried shifts yet with the IQ however since it's just a beefed up version of the P65+ I shouldn't have any problems with my 35mm like I would if I were using the IQ180 which is the sole reason I don't have the 180.

Don

Don Libby

One more from the previous day. I cheated on this and took 5-captures which were then merged using CS6 after doing the LCC in C1. Again, WRS, IQ160 and SK 35mm w/CF.

Don

yaya

Influenced by some beautiful glass negatives from circa 1870 that we worked with at Alinari, the oldest photo archive in Europe, I'm trying some alternative treatments in Capture One...

Florence, Italy, July 2012

rga

OK, so this isn't your normal tech cam image, but when I get a new piece of gear, I like to take my first real image of a family member. This is Millie at 60... megapixels that is.

Alpa STC, Phase One P65+(just acquired!!), Alpa 150mm APO Digitar N SB, Alpa 16mm Macro. Shot at f/11.3, 0.5sec, ISO 200