The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Influenced by some beautiful glass negatives from circa 1870 that we worked with at Alinari, the oldest photo archive in Europe, I'm trying some alternative treatments in Capture One...

Florence, Italy, July 2012
Lovely mood rendering with these. The life of a product manager certainly sucks doesn't it? The horrible places you have to go for business etc. :ROTFL:

(Btw, I know the truth of it too - not so glamorous when you're in Staines in a customer's non-descript industrial unit in a dodgy area)

rga

Bob,

I'm impressed that you kept the cat in shock & awe while you focused the Alpa in macro mode. Nice! :thumbs:
Thanks Graham. She's absolutely fascinated with the system! Just freezes when the shutter is cocked and tries to see deep into the aperture opening when the lens fires! This shot was a 1/2 second exposure and she froze trying to see down the lens barrel. When I go to put the equipment up she meows and tries to get into the case.
Must be Ansel reincarnate!
Bob

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Thanks Graham. She's absolutely fascinated with the system! Just freezes when the shutter is cocked and tries to see deep into the aperture opening when the lens fires! This shot was a 1/2 second exposure and she froze trying to see down the lens barrel. When I go to put the equipment up she meows and tries to get into the case.
Must be Ansel reincarnate!
Bob
Actually, I think you've got a cat prima donna who loves the limelight :D There are Leica folks who'd pay good money for a cat like that :ROTFL:

Btw, I love the image roll off with that SK150. Lovely.

yaya

Thanks Graham, yes I'm lucky that my job takes me to some beautiful places with great people and some great photo opportunities. I'm also lucky to be one of those who don't need much sleep, so I can sneak out early AM when the streets are empty...

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

I am still very new for Tech Cam and still working on it. I have a lot to learn.
It is a spark in my landscape photography, much more exciting than my new Nikon D800E (which I love).

Camden Habor, Maine
IQ180; Cambo WRS AE; Rodie 28mm HR

Thanks for viewing.
Pramote

rga

In keeping with Dante's them here...
A bright sunny day in the Bay Area, so just practicing with some tilt.
Sunday At The Gates Of Hell:

Alpa STC, T/S, 80mm APO Digitar SB (discontinued!!). P65+

P

photographist

Nice ... How long did you have to wait for no one to be sitting on Hans' statue? Check out the carvings in the doors of the city hall. They make for great photos too.

manouch shirzad

Workshop & Subscriber Member
SHREYAS,
It's a nice picture, could you please give us some more information.
I'm wondering why the vertical lines in the center of the image are leaning toward
right, while on the sides they look OK.
Best,
________
Manouch

rga

We finally got some clouds for sunset last night (back to none again tonight):

Alpa Max, SK 80mm APO-Digitar @f/11.3, P65+. 9 images stitched in CS6 and cropped.

dick

SHREYAS,
It's a nice picture, could you please give us some more information.
I'm wondering why the vertical lines in the center of the image are leaning toward
right, while on the sides they look OK.
Best,
________
Manouch
"Correct" pictures often look wrong - as if the building is wider at the top... but it is about one brick out of plumb.

James Clark

Here's my latest, shot at Ghost Ranch just outside of Abiquiu, NM. No fun lugging my Cambo setup up the hills, but I'm very glad I did. I only had time to shoot at midday - I have to imagine that sunrise or sunset, or even night, would be absolutely stunning. Colorado and Utah get all the glory but NM has some very special scenery IMHO.

Edit: Gah. I see jpeg compression had crushed the image down to a big black hole in the rock shadow on the far right. It's not really like that :)

kdphotography

Pre-dawn at Lake Louise, Banff NP Canada. Rain storm coming in so the normally iconic mirrored glass lake waters weren't so smooth. Four images shot in vertical orientation, each about 13 sec exposures (to smooth out the water), Cambo, IQ180, HR40, and stitched "traditionally" with CS5.

danlindberg

From the scene above I turned 180 degrees and took about 20 steps out of the woods and shot the castle. Two images shot within 3 minutes. Same setup, same flatstich, same exposure and yet so totally different.

danlindberg

Higher Education Building in Malmoe, Sweden. For me an unusual shot because I handheld the MAX for this one :p
I 15mm rise as well, so framingwise (no viewfinder either) I only got it the third time trying!
With good light I went with 100iso, f8 and 1/125. I actually could not detect any loss of sharpness compared to tripod mount with this speed. I have quite steady hands though...