The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

My mediocre attempt. Techno, IQ160, HR40. Actually one interesting thing about this shot (for me at least) is that I used the spiral composition tool on the back to set up the objects.

And a crop of Daisey with a Docter 240/4.8

Last edited:

gerald.d

I was just wondering about this - is there not another question to ask with regards to moire - "was it there in the original scene?" ?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Interesting to see this level of moire in a landscape/architecture shot. It's the peril of the bumper sized sensor pixels. I've only had this happen once with my P25+ in nature and that was with a boat wake taken high up from a distance. That was nasty pattern moire too.

danlindberg

I am in generel terms very happy with the Aptus II 5, but the two headaches I fight regurlarly are moire (interiors with furniture fabrics) and poor performance outside base iso (mostly when doing 10-20 sec exp).

gerald.d

Interesting to see this level of moire in a landscape/architecture shot. It's the peril of the bumper sized sensor pixels. I've only had this happen once with my P25+ in nature and that was with a boat wake taken high up from a distance. That was nasty pattern moire too.
If the moire was naturally there though (i.e. two overlapping patterns interfering), would you consider attempting to clean it up in the image?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
If the moire was naturally there though (i.e. two overlapping patterns interfering), would you consider attempting to clean it up in the image?
Actually I'd print it and see if it was visible or not.

In this case my moire was pattern moire in a test shot but C1 couldn't fix it with the Moire tool. However, you have to pixel peep in a long way to really see it. I've never printed this image so I really don't know how severe it would have been in reality.

However, at the end of the day it is a definite consideration with the 9um sensors and no surprise to those that use them, just as Dan mentioned. I don't see it with the types of things I shoot with my P25+ so equally I'm not skilled at fixing it either. I'm sure that anyone shooting fabrics and scenes that do show it often is probably proficient at avoiding it or fixing it.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Confess, Dan, you put that gum there.... :D

I took a long walk at the wrong time of day and got little for my efforts save dehydration and the abstract building detail below. Very depressing. But this morning was better.

LLama and Sneaker. Cambo WRS/IQ140/SK 35XL.

--Matt