The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Hi Jürgen

As Graham pointed out, I was using the term P&S (point and shoot) in an ironic sense....... ie, Dan was able to make this photo without a tripod, just hand holding his ALPA with a 60mp MFDB......:)

It was in no way detracting from Dan's skill and fastidious sense of composition.

HTH, Sinuhe
Perhaps we should create a new term .
MFDHH = Medium Format Digital Hand Held .:ROTFL:

M

mjr

Afternoon all

I hope everyone is well. I'm back at work in Iraq and looking through a few shots I took whilst at home in North Sweden.

I like this, sure it's a little blown out but I really like the warmth.

Alpa STC, 72mm and P25+

This was taken on a very cold morning, lovely place to live on the edge of a lake.

STC, 72mm

danlindberg

Back in Sweden from working flat out for four days in Spain. Fighting timeschedule and rain. 12 hour days didn't help, had to reschedule two large properties for January.
Despite the timepressure I did get some nice images. Unfortunately I cannot share all due to copyright restrictions, but a few I will post. Here's one :)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
... Although I feel the green tint gives it that film (movie) look, but it's definitely a matter of preference!
I would certainly understand and respect that. I like the composition but the green balance was a little unsettling for my own eye personally. However, if that was the intent then so be it. :thumbup:

schuster

I would certainly understand and respect that. I like the composition but the green balance was a little unsettling for my own eye personally.
My immediate reaction to jctodd's image was "beautiful shot", followed a few seconds later with the thought that it was way out of color balance. But...

Another photographer in the same gallery as I has a similar "emotional" approach compared to my "realistic". I had a hard time accepting her "off" colors and often soft focus... but discovered that every time I'm in the gallery, I am drawn to her work. It's the "feeling" I get before my analytical left brain kicks-in.

I'd like to bring "mood", "fantasy" and "emotion" into my work without compromising the "accuracy" people who buy my images expect of me. Can the two exist in one image?
My goal for the new year is to see if I can do it. I think Dan Lindberg is closing-in on that.

Shashin

It's the "feeling" I get before my analytical left brain kicks-in.
And sometimes the analytical brain is fooled. Sometimes the world is green, but a conceptual approach rejects that. We limit the possibilities and surprises that the world presents to us. I think when we become the viewer, we let everything go and just enjoy the experience.

jctodd

Thank you all for your comments. In fact, it was just my mistake not to correct Leaf's (dare I say eccentric?) 'daylight' white balance default - you'd think I'd have learned to deal with it automatically as part of my workflow by now, but I'll just blame my laptop screen instead. I welcome the suggestions that I *might've* presented the image that way deliberately :)

M

mjr

Morning all.

Here's a quick shot of a foggy morning in the North of Sweden

STC, 72mm, P25+

M

mjr

Another from a bit later in the day, same set-up. I'm trying to use the 72 a bit more as I seem to have the 47 permanently attached.

danlindberg

Well....different from my usual photography. This was a rejected image from a special project, but I rather liked it - and it was close to the brief (as I understood it). It tought me a few new tricks in PP.

malmac

Cambo WDS SK35XL center filter f11 IQ180

I like to come here and look at the great work folk are doing and now an then comment. Figured I had better contribute an image. Here is one from a series I am doing for the local Golf Club.

Also was going to sell the 35XL and buy a Rodenstock lens for the rig, but at present the changeover price was just to much. Actually at present anything would probably be too much. So thought lets go and use what we have.

Mal