The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

pophoto

Yeah, I arrived there before they rise the flag and the soldiers marching.
Last time I visit was also under construction... 2010, so lucky this time view not obstructed : )

I walk all morning in the Forbidden City, when I was back, I was told it was the coldest day this year... I'm not cold, but I also lost feeling of my hands and fingers, hahaha...

Lovely set, what time do they raise the flag and march the soldiers?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Lovely set, what time do they raise the flag and march the soldiers?
Tiananmen Square Flag Raising Time: Jan.-June, Beijing, China

:salute:

Certainly in the afternoon you need to be there early because there's generally quite a crowd. Last time I was there in November I used my camera on a monopod and used time release over my head. Lot's of 'local' tourists present. Expect also to have your bags scanned via x-ray on the way in to Tiananmen Square plus they clear everyone out pretty soon after the flag has been lowered.

One evening I was there they had a brief demonstration during the event - I swear that it was the fastest scoop and removal to a van that wasn't there seconds before that I've ever seen of a troublemaker by the plain clothed police and military.

Marlyn

Well, hard to compare with the amazing photo's in this thread so far, but here's some from recent shoot in Iceland.

Even though I've had it 6 months, this was the first major trip out with the new camera kit, and I have to say I am VERY happy with it !! But oh so much to learn yet.

All Comments welcome

Iceland. Detifoss Waterfall.
Cambo WRS-AE, IQ160, 32mm HR, Lee Filters. (Bigstopper, grads).

View attachment 67351

This was shot on the North side of the falls, west side of the river.

Marlyn

Detifoss again, shot from the South side

Cambo WRS-AE, IQ 160, HR-32mm
RRS TVC-L 34 Tripod with leveling base, Arca Cube, Lee Filters.

PS: I keep fiddling with this, to see how to post them like everyone else, as a full image, not a small thumb that needs clicking on !.

Last edited:

Marlyn

One of my favourite parts of Iceland is Jokuslaron Lagoon, and the attached beach.

These are lumps of Glacial Ice that break off the face of a glacier about 4km away. They float around in the lagoon for a while then, when small enough, float down a 400m 'river' into the sea, and get pushed up onto the beach.

Cambo WRS-AE, IQ 160, HR32 and a rising sun.

etrump

One of my favourite parts of Iceland is Jokuslaron Lagoon, and the attached beach.

These are lumps of Glacial Ice that break off the face of a glacier about 4km away. They float around in the lagoon for a while then, when small enough, float down a 400m 'river' into the sea, and get pushed up onto the beach.

Cambo WRS-AE, IQ 160, HR32 and a rising sun.

Marlyn,

What time of year were these taken? Do these kind of features melt by the end of summer?

Ed

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
This is excellent and also different to the 99% of Jokuslaron Lagoon shots I've seen which always seem to emphasize the blue-ness of the ice or isolation of chunks against the black sand. The warmth of the sunrise really makes this image special IMHO.

Very very nice! :thumbs:

I'm going there for two weeks at the end of March / early April and so it'll be interesting to see how that beach and scenery is at that time of year.

Pemihan

NOT the famous Horseshoe Bend, but still the Colorado River ;-)

Cambo WRS, Mamiya DM22, SK35XL - six shots stitched.

Marlyn

Marlyn,

What time of year were these taken? Do these kind of features melt by the end of summer?

Ed
Shot in August 2012

They constantly change, it's glacier fed so new ice comes down to the beach daily.

I am going back in march, will see what it is like then.

Regards. Mark