The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

Pro-8a
ProHead with 10 degree grid camera left along windows
ProHead with 5 degree grid camera right up high aimed down on table
B2
Twin head (just used this because it is my only other light) bare bulb coming from stairs

Nice elegant shot!

How many lights did you use and which Profoto lights they are ?

Professional

Which tech camera to get if i want to start and doing landscape/architecture indoor or outdoor?

I don't have a digital back except my H4D which i may able to use on a tech camera but i am planning to get another one in the future when i become rich, but that doesn't mean i can't start to use tech camera with what i have now, but i don't know which one, and my budget is not very high as most of you here.

gerald.d

gerald, a bit more behind the scenes info please :)
you were obviously not standing on the top of the burj chalifa, helicopter?

mirko
Apologies, I thought I'd replied to this, but it was obviously a similar question elsewhere.

Unobviously, I was standing on the top of the building, and that's where the panorama was shot from.

Firstly, 48 images taken using a robotic panoramic head, that created a full spherical image. Problem though, is that the aircraft beacons and lightning conductor up there block a lot of the shot. Also, the camera position was only a foot or two higher than the edge of the top of the building.

It's hard to describe, but being up there is a bit like standing in a tin can. See the 4th "BTS" shot here - Press Release | HIPA . That's me beneath the opened hatch, looking up into the space where I will be shooting from. You can see one of the aircraft beacons. Go up into that space, shut the hatch, set up the tripod (actually with the legs on the supports of the beacons), shoot.

So, to fix the blocking problems, I took shots leaning around the blocking objects, and also leaning over the edge of the pinnacle, shooting straight down.

When these shots are added to the stitch, they effectively make the very top of the building disappear. It would be a lot easier to describe if I could share some of the individual shots and the initial 48-shot pano, but I'm not really at liberty to do that.

Kind regards,

Gerald.

It's approaching Lunar New Year and have an unfulfilled request for some orchid pictures, so now is the right time to do it.

Techno, SK120 APO ASPH, IQ160, 20" or so beauty dish as the key. Wide open at f5.6. Maxed out the front swing on the techo, would have preferred the whole thing rotated a bit more toward me.

cunim

IQ180, HR70 on AS Monolith, 3-stitch +-10mm. Standards set with back tilt to accentuate tail size, front tilt to focus along top of fuselage

Last edited:

rga

Purisima Creek Trail - Creekside #1
Alpa Max w/ Rodenstock 50mm, Tilt, IQ160 and 3 shift panel, cropped.

jlm

Workshop Member
as commonly done as it is, flowing water that looks like cotton...looks like cotton, not water

cunim

Can't like it enough!!!
Thanks, Yair, very kind.

The Dalsa 80MP chip holds wonderful detail and tonality for this type of work. The attached 1:1 crop is a small area just above the center of the tail. The image prints big.

By comparison, 8 x 10 film with a 240mm Apo Sironar S takes in much more area (especially vertically) in a single shot, but lacks the crisp detail of the digital 3-stitch. I like them both.

Peter

Last edited:

Don Libby

Went out today to get better acquainted with using live view knowing the conditions weren't all that good. I used live view for both images to set the amount of movement(s) as well as tilt. In the very short time I've been working with live view I've found it to be much easier than I had originally thought it was (it helps having a ND filter). Yet another reason the IQ is a perfect match for tech cam use.

WRS/IQ160 40mm t/s f/11 1/180 ISO 50

WRS/IQ160 40mm t/s f/11 1/180 ISO 50

Don

Last edited:

jlm

Workshop Member
IQ160, cambo wrs, SK43, 20mm shift, f11, LCC in C-one 7. remarkable clarity. a single frame

a good example of where a lateral shift set (which i did not try), as opposed to a 3-shot pano is a better choice. the panos could not deal with the grid of the ironwork (autopanotgiga)

Last edited:

danlindberg

Finally, after several weeks on the road I got back this evening. Plenty of rawfiles to go through...:D All have been done with a one-camera/lens-setup; the Alpa SWA, Schneider 72L with tilt and ofcourse the Credo 60.

Hopefully resulting in a few good ones!