The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Finally, after several weeks on the road I got back this evening. Plenty of rawfiles to go through...:D All have been done with a one-camera/lens-setup; the Alpa SWA, Schneider 72L with tilt and ofcourse the Credo 60.

Hopefully resulting in a few good ones!

As good as the cabin shot is, this is the one that I'd put on my wall. Beautiful.

danlindberg

Dan, you've got to be one of the best at seeing the most creative outcome out something I would not give a second thought to, simply stunning!!!
Dan,

Simple composition and straight to the point. The message is obvious (in the right way) and as ever, so well done. :thumbs:

Like Jai I was reaching for the fleece. ;)
As good as the cabin shot is, this is the one that I'd put on my wall. Beautiful.
THANK YOU :salute: :)

danlindberg

A 3:1 pano over endless roads in remote swedish national parks. This is called Furufjället National Park and I spent 4 hours driving around not seeing anybody in that time...

EDIT: Forgot to mention that in this I used a 2 degree forward tilt with the SK 72L using hyperfocal distance and f11. What a difference!! Two-image nodal stitch.

AlanS

Goodness Dan, It's worth the wait for you to post on here, I can only echo others comments and say WOW!

danlindberg

Goodness Dan, It's worth the wait for you to post on here, I can only echo others comments and say WOW!
A 'like' is not enough for this comment! Thank you very much Alan, I'm myself inspired every time I inspire others. Very positive :salute:

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Which tech camera to get if i want to start and doing landscape/architecture indoor or outdoor?

I don't have a digital back except my H4D which i may able to use on a tech camera but i am planning to get another one in the future when i become rich, but that doesn't mean i can't start to use tech camera with what i have now, but i don't know which one, and my budget is not very high as most of you here.
One way is to get in "small".

An Arca Factum or Cambo Wide RC400 have the advantages of having lower cost of entry but being fully compatible with nearly all their big brother's accessories and all of their big brother's lenses. So e.g. if you get an RC400 now with a 35mm XL (which can be had pre-owned right now from two users on the forum) and an H adapter for your digital back then you could use the lens, adapter, and any accessories you buy for the RC with an RS1250 or RS5000 in the future (which are larger and heavier but offer more range and flexibility of movement).

Another way would be to get in pre-owned. For instance we have a Cambo Wide DS with an H adapter for instance for a great price. It's older and a bit bulkier than the newer RS series, and has rise/fall on the front rather than the rear (limits vertical stitching) but offers a great range of movement, and again, all lenses are compatible with the newer RS and RC series bodies.

If you don't have an 80mp back you can pick up bargains (relatively speaking of course) by going with the wide angle Schneider lenses new or pre-owned; they are less expensive than the Rodenstock wide angles and are excellent lenses with good image circles and light/small construction (they just don't work well with 80mp backs so the market has penalized them).

dchew

Love the Cabin shot Dan!

I've been AWOL for awhile, working on other stuff. Just got back from a few days of R&R with my brother in Alaska. Here are a few from a 16 mile ski day :)

I keep going for the sk150; Really love that lens.

Dave

70hr, slight fall:

Single image crop with the sk150:

Two-stitch shift pano with the sk150, 18mm each way:

Last edited: