The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

rga

One more from the weekend. Feeding my on-going addiction with benches.
Alpa MAX, T/S, 80mm APO, 3 horizontal stitches.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I keep going for the sk150; Really love that lens.

Dave

Two-stitch shift pano with the sk150, 18mm each way:
:thumbs: I REALLY like this. It says Alaska to me. I'm often drawn to panoramics and this is very well done IMHO.

(btw, very partial to that same 150 SK lens myself. It's a staple in my arsenal and I can completely understand why you like it)

dchew

:thumbs: I REALLY like this. It says Alaska to me. I'm often drawn to panoramics and this is very well done IMHO.

(btw, very partial to that same 150 SK lens myself. It's a staple in my arsenal and I can completely understand why you like it)
Thanks Graham! That photo was about mile 14. I was skiing with my brother and one other guy, so not only was I dead tired but was also conscious of how long it takes to shoot. It is tough for me to muster the will to photograph in a situation like that (or as Galen Rowell used to say, it's the size of the rat).

So I was very happy to come away with a successful image. :)

Dave

rayyen

Alpa 12SWA
Schneider Digitar 47mm XL
Phase One P45+

F11, 6sec, iso50, CPL, HGND 0.9
Rise 5mm, 3 stitch into 1 shot

jotloob

Subscriber Member
A great image , Dan . :thumbs: Thanks for posting .
But . . . . . the other side of the coin is , as we had and still have plenty of snow . I can't see snow any more . But that is the same every year around this time . :salute:

jerryreed

I am enviously wondering if others see Dan Lindberg's poetry as I do. For me, the element that supports each of Dan's work is a refined sense of including only what is necessary to communicate the mood, speaking only in terms of what the image is "about", while strenuously limiting what the image is "of".

In Dan's most recent color* images, I am noting that the hues are limited to only one; blue in one landscape, red in the small structure and finally yellow in the earth moving equipment. I enjoy so much Dan's work and wish to learn from it, I am asking here if what I am seeing that is so ennobling is being seen by others, or am I just trying too hard to distill principles for my own use that are Dan's magic, and non-reproducible.

*I work only in B&W, because I am a horrible color photographer. Color overwhelms me, and I cannot find the forms that I need to create a composition that is in any way satisfying. I am hoping that maybe if others are seeing the same thing, that maybe a baby step forward is to limit my palette to single hues of a pastel intensity.

Jerry

Jerry, I'm a big fan of Dans work. I find his images are varied, but his style is very refined simplicity. He's a visual equivalent of a master musician, that makes it all seem so easy.

danlindberg

I am enviously wondering if others see Dan Lindberg's poetry as I do. For me, the element that supports each of Dan's work is a refined sense of including only what is necessary to communicate the mood, speaking only in terms of what the image is "about", while strenuously limiting what the image is "of".

In Dan's most recent color* images, I am noting that the hues are limited to only one; blue in one landscape, red in the small structure and finally yellow in the earth moving equipment. I enjoy so much Dan's work and wish to learn from it, I am asking here if what I am seeing that is so ennobling is being seen by others, or am I just trying too hard to distill principles for my own use that are Dan's magic, and non-reproducible.

*I work only in B&W, because I am a horrible color photographer. Color overwhelms me, and I cannot find the forms that I need to create a composition that is in any way satisfying. I am hoping that maybe if others are seeing the same thing, that maybe a baby step forward is to limit my palette to single hues of a pastel intensity.

Jerry
Thank you very much indeed Jerry! And to the rest of you guys who have all positive comments. I'm glad that I can inspire with my images. There's a lifelong dedication to photography that lies behind my images today.

I do agree that often my images are minimalistic in style and exclude objects/colours more often than include the same. This thinking I have had for long long time and just to show that I post here an image that is 15 years old. Few 'things' happening in the image but still tells a story.

Anyway, I am truly happy with the consistant great response from many forum members. :thumbs:

Bob,
I use 1,2 and sometimes 3. When I use 2 it is one on the front and one on the back. When I use 3, I use 17mm on the front, 34mm & 17mm on the back.

Hope this helps :)

Eric

Hi Eric,
How do you use 2 T/S on the MAX? One on the front and one on the back of the camera body?
Thanks for any info you can give,
Bob