The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

Then after shooting the images above on 35mm and 8x10, we used an almost identical setup to shoot a couple of portraits.

Linhof Techno, SK 120 APO ASPH, IQ160. Single light, left of camera, various gobos and a single reflector to right

Last edited:

Don Libby

Don, which ground glass and viewfinder would that be?

Peter
Peter - sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I left Carmel and entered an area of little to no internet access then came down with the cold from hell. I'm just beginning to feel somewhat human again and have begun writing again. The Groundglass is a revised one from the one I had years ago and the viewing hood/loupe is new. I'm in the process of finishing up a blog entry which includes a 2-minute video of actual use. I'll post the written portion here however I'm uncertain if the video and be posted as well.

Don

Alpa Max
90HR Alpagon shot wide open
17mm Tilt Adapter
34mm Tilt Adapter
P65+
Profoto Lighting
Editing in Capture One except for dust removal

I always post commercial work, now for something a bit more artistic. Some very close crops from a video we have created from Phase One files. NO PHOTOSHOP. Photos edited solely in capture one. The video will be posted in about a week. Anxiously awaiting the video critiques from GETDPI :)

Alpa Max
Rodi 40HR
17mm Tilt Adapter
P65+
Profoto Lighting

I always post commercial work, now for something a bit more artistic. Some very close crops from a video we have created from Phase One files. NO PHOTOSHOP. Photos edited solely in capture one. The video will be posted in about a week. Anxiously awaiting the video critiques from GETDPI

Alpa Max
Rodi 40HR
17mm Tilt Adapter
P65+
Profoto Lighting

gerald.d

Remember that fireworks shot I did at New Year's with the HCam, 17mm TS-E and IQ180?

Well, HH Sheikh Hamdan (Crown Prince of Dubai) posted it on his Instagram account and called it "the best picture of the new year", which was nice enough - Photo by faz3 • Instagram

He asked for a full res file, which I thought was going to be printed to hang on his own wall, which would have been cool (he has another of my images printed 8 meters wide!).

Turns out that wasn't the idea. He had it printed over 2m square, mounted on glass, and then presented it as a gift to the Burj Khalifa.

It's now on permanent display as part of the "At the Top" experience. Thousands upon thousands of people walk past it every single day on their way back down from the 124th floor observation deck. I saw it myself for the first time earlier this week -

Everyone stops and takes a photo!

To say I'm chuffed would be an understatement :D

I have to say - the print quality at this size, even from a 17TS-E, is very, very good indeed.