The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

satybhat

Re: ALPA images

Dan,

Here's one I found while "re-mining" my PODAS images from Death Valley. I've got to do some more work on this because the colors in the dunes are whacky in places.

Dave
Dave,
Absolutely stunning. Simple and hard hitting.
Love the colour of the sky reflected on the dunes. no need to change anything !!!:thumbup:

jerryreed

I am trying to educate myself here. What do you see as the most likely commercial venue for these beautiful images; books or art galleries (other?).

I ask, as I am working to solidify an incompletely formed impression that visitors to many contemporary galleries that feature the work of current artists - not the secondary market galleries like those seen at AIPAD - seem to purchase images of the scenes with which they are familiar, either areas near their home, or as reminders of areas that they have visited, like Hawaii or the Grand Canyon.

I would very much appreciate anyone's favorable or unfavorable experiences in finding the best fit for exhibiting and/ having their art shown.

If your art is being shown, or you are currently being represented by a gallery, in the USA or Europe, will you please let me know, so that I may better understand what art fits well, and where?

Jerry Reed

Grayhand

Alpa Max
90HR Alpagon
17mm Tilt Adapter (x2)
34mm Tilt Adapter
P65+
Profoto Lighting

Well, Some times you come across a photo that touches you deep in a quick and surprising way, not often but some times ..
And then, you just have to surender ..
Brilliant!

Ray

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Aravind - very nice! :thumbs:

Of course, stopping down to f/22 with a technical camera is impossible and will cause your camera to self destruct according to some :ROTFL:

I just put up a little blog post about last Fall's Monument Valley PODAS trip. I had an awesome time on this and here's one of my faves...

Arca Rm3d, IQ 160, Lens? Prolly either the 43 or 55. This was mid-morning, there's a bit of exposure blending for the sky, I'm particularly happy with the little moon.