The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

Marlyn

Iceland, Sea Stacks and Birds on the Snaefellsness Peninsula.

Cambo WRS-AE, IQ160, HR 32mm, Shifted down some.

Impossible to see in web sizes, but the stick between the rocks is a Lighthouse, and that is a ship on the Horizon under the Sun, both of which are clearly resolved at 100%. The HR32 is and unbelievable lens.

View attachment 71400

Impossible to see in web sizes, but the stick between the rocks is a Lighthouse, and that is a ship on the Horizon under the Sun, both of which are clearly resolved at 100%. The HR32 is and unbelievable lens.

Edit: 100% Crops added for kicks.

Ship
View attachment 71398

Lighthouse.
View attachment 71399

Regards

Mark

Last edited:

alajuela

Hello Again

If you want me to stop just say so, :D
This is shot outside Te Anau, I promise there are not alot more of New Zealand, we were only there two weeks :rolleyes:
Cambo AE IQ180 Rodi 40mm

danlindberg

Shot in the outmost minimalistic fashion. Handheld, waistlevel with the ultimate apparatus below....
100iso with Aptus II 5 gives lovely grain and in combination without CF allows for respectable exposure times even @ f8.
That alone could be my retirement camera. (Although I have another 20 years before that, so I keep on struggling to fit everything numerous cases :p)

alajuela

SunSet at Coromandal, New Zealand
Cambo AE IQ180 Rodi 40mm iso 35 1/15 sec f11 with slight tilt
That small spec to the left of the sun between the islands is a fishing boat :salute:

torger

Spring is (sort of) here in northern Sweden, snow is melting. In the city the snow becomes very dirty, so it's hard to find beauty.

After my daytime work yesterday I went out with my Leaf Aptus 75 and Linhof Techno and trained on my macro skill. Ended up with that I had to put superglue on my wide angle bellows :p -- those geared drives makes you strong, I did not notice that I was pulling too hard in the bellows when focusing close (closer than the attached image) so the cloth detached a bit from the metal frame.

The ground glass is better than my DSLR live view when tilt/swinging for macro (since one can move around much faster), but still I think it's hard to realise when the plane of focus is "optimally" placed, it's so razor-thin that one have to make some sort of compromise, and finding that balance is tough. One has to develop the sense of how to tune tilt/swing/focus distance and realise when it's ready, it's easy to get stuck tuning a long time and then the light is gone :)

This one is the least macroish of the shots I made, SK Digitar 120mm at f/11, still a little tilt and swing applied. I've added some vignetting in post-processing.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
SunSet at Coromandal, New Zealand
Cambo AE IQ180 Rodi 40mm iso 35 1/15 sec f11 with slight tilt
That small spec to the left of the sun between the islands is a fishing boat :salute:
Philip

What do you mean by slight tilt ? and did you have to change focus ?

alajuela

Philip

What do you mean by slight tilt ? and did you have to change focus ?
Hello Jurgen

I was at a higher elevation shooting out into the sunset, at infinity. I also had the tripod fairly low, I tilted the lens down about one degree (the lens has T/S) just to bring the plants into focus a little more. There is some motion blur in the plants as the shutter speed was 1/15th

Best

Phil

danlindberg

This is a shot I am particular proud of. The reason being that I saw it 17 years ago and shot it with my Fuji GX 680 III with Velvia. With that original I have sold somewhere between 30-40 artworks on canvas from that image over the years. Atleast a couple a year have been produced and in my book a longterm working image is a good image.

Last December I was closeby and thought I must redo it with the Alpa and Credo! The original has a 4:3 ratio but this time I did it in a 2:1 pano. But exactly the same look otherwise. So, maybe I can make artworks of this one for another decade.....:p

The title is: 'Neighbours'

Last edited:

alajuela

This is a shot I am particular proud of. The reason being that I saw it 17 years ago and shot it with my Fuji GX 680 III with Velvia. With that original I have sold somewhere between 30-40 artworks on canvas from that image over the years. Atleast a couple a year have been produced and in my book a longterm working image is a good image.

Last December I was closeby and thought I must redo it with the Alpa and Credo! The original has a 4:3 ratio but this time I did it in a 2:1 pano. But exactly the same look otherwise. So, maybe I can make artworks of this one for another decade.....:p

The title is: 'Neighbors'

Hello Dan

This is a great story and a great image. :clap:- Wish that was my neighbohood.

anGy

This is a picture I made last year in march from the same village of Casares and from the remains of the old Castle (IQ180 +DF & 150mm Mamiya), almost the same !! (I'm honored :salute:)

danlindberg

How cool is that!! :D:D

I have been many times in Casares and love it. Did you see plenty of eagles? Once I was there I saw more than 100 eagles at the same time. The last eagles nest remaining in Europe they say, don't know if its true.

Yes, I see that you stood all the way up, I choose my vantagepoint only halfway up only to be more level with the camera and not 'looking down' - but yours is truly sweet. Nice to see an alternative :thumbup:

If you are ever there again, PM and let's get together!!

anGy

2 weeks ago I was on vacations in north of France with family.
During the trip preparation I saw pictures of an old bunker, remains from the atlantic wall (WW2). I don't know why exactly but I'm drawn to those scary but also fascinating war constructions. There is a sort of intensity in those places.
Weather was cold (4°C with high wind) but I decided (against the will of most) to go find this blockhouse. Found the place quickly but this construction is quite tall and looked way closer than it really was. So, after 20 minutes walk in cold high wind I did reach it and took some handheld pictures of it using the Cambo + Rodenstock 32mm + IQ180 (maybe I'm a bit reckless and/or stupid but like to walk with that gear in my backpack or even strapped to my shoulder...). Anyway, it was the golden hour and took some shots. First time I looked at them I was quite happy but then thought this could be better.

Test shot:

The next day I planned a second visit, but this time the whole family was here. As the weather was even worse everybody quickly returned to the warmth of the car (there is a parking lot just in front of the beach that forced a laugh remembering my 40 minutes walk at Marine corp pace of the day before...).
So what do you do when 5 persons are waiting for you and you're in cold wind ? why not take the tripod out of the car and go use your big stopper filter (for the 1st time) trying some artistic effects ? :D

Tried different angles, different shutter times and tilt options before making the final 3 pictures here below (all taken with the Cambo, 32 HR and IQ 180 + Lee big stopper @ f11, 30sec). All in less that 15 minutes...
The big stopper brings a strong blue tint to the pictures I decided not to eliminate completely. It is in total harmony with the weather and sensation coming from that place at that moment.

I'm really happy with the result this time. The strong wind and slow shutter speed did not jeopardized the resolution. The big stopper gives that great effect on the see and sky. Too bad I did screwed up the last picture sharpness (didn't removed the 1 degree of left tilt used for the 2nd picture before taking the 3rd one, right corner is blurred :cry:). But hey, lesson learned for the next time !

What a great gear to use. I'm loving it and warmly thanks Guy & Jack for this forum and all the active community :clap:
As thrice I'm another victim hated by my banker.

Last edited:

anGy

How cool is that!! :D:D

I have been many times in Casares and love it. Did you see plenty of eagles? Once I was there I saw more than 100 eagles at the same time. The last eagles nest remaining in Europe they say, don't know if its true.

Yes, I see that you stood all the way up, I choose my vantagepoint only halfway up only to be more level with the camera and not 'looking down' - but yours is truly sweet. Nice to see an alternative :thumbup:

If you are ever there again, PM and let's get together!!
In fact I prefer your point of view, mine is indeed too high and sided from the front houses I think.
I did see some eagles but not that much (max 3 to 4) and in fact thought they were buzzard :toocool: Hum will take a better look next time. Should be great to meet you in that lovely region !

very lovely shots. like this one the most! :thumbup:

i'm with you that those places and buildings have a strong intense emotional charging. you can almost inhale the breath of history...
would really like to visit the atlantic wall too. or at least whats left of it.

i'm planing to do some documentary stuff of ww2 shelters in my surrounding here in austria.
there should be a bunch of them, i have to research ...