The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

dchew

Dan,
I am always amazed at your use of wide angles. Your ability to make a scene look so natural with a 28mm is astounding. This doesn't "look" that wide. Very nice.

I'm afraid of anything wider than a 40mm!!

Dave

danlindberg

Dan,
I am always amazed at your use of wide angles. Your ability to make a scene look so natural with a 28mm is astounding. This doesn't "look" that wide. Very nice.

I'm afraid of anything wider than a 40mm!!

Dave

Thank you for your kind words Dave :)

I only try to avoid exaggerate perspective in the composition when I believe the scene is better off that way. Avoiding objects near the edges and first focuspoint atleast 2-3 metres away. That usually makes it look quite natural.

In this one I used the Distagon 40 and at a first glance it looks maybe wider than the boat simply because I chose the position with the poles to increase depth. So in this case it was an attempt to make it look wider than it is.

Ken_R

I was coming back home after working on a commercial shoot for 12 hours and as we stopped for some food at a seaside restaurant I saw this scene so I quickly pulled out the Arca/iq160/40hr, set up and made a few images. I have not worked on the file much but it is deep.

May 12, 2013 2:43 Paris
My baby Carlyle is born!
Being a father is an amazing gift :)

Of course, taken with Alpa FPS and 90 Alpagon. Iso 200. 1/30 sec

BANKER1

Congratulations! Get ready for quite a ride. It seems only yesterday my eldest was born. Now he is forty years old and a full colonel in the US Air Force. I always tell him I would have a dull as dish water life if it wasn't for him. My younger son also has eighteen patents to his credit.

Greg

darr

Congrats! My son is a Lieutenant in the Air Force, but aspires to be a General. ;)

Carlyle is a boy's name, right?

danlindberg

Congratulations Shortpballer:thumbup:

My girls are now 11 and 8 but it feels like a couple of months when the first one was born. Time flies so my sincere advice is to remind yourself ever so often that it is a privilege to be part of this journey!! Enjoy!

stngoldberg

I like the two triangles bisected by the fire escape to say nothing of the red door leading to the fire escape
Arca rm3di 32mm rodie f11 ISO 200 HD50 back
Stanley