The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

malmac

[/QUOTE]

Congratulations - a wonderous joy is a child - I wish you all the most beautiful of times.

A daughter is also extra special because they look after aging fathers when the time comes.

Mal

malmac

Oh well a Boy - well they are great too - my eldest son got married week end just gone. He chose well and now I have a wonderful daughter in law - I am biased - guilty as charged your honour.

Ken_R

Here is one from yesterday afternoon. This is a good spot only a short hike from the lot. Its the most SW point of the island. (tech info: Arca Rm3Di/IQ160/40mm HR, iso 50, f11 or f16 I forgot :) , 5 sec exposure) This is a single image capture, used one 4 stop ND and two 2 stop ND grads.

wryphotography

Here is one from yesterday afternoon. This is a good spot only a short hike from the lot. Its the most SW point of the island. (tech info: Arca Rm3Di/IQ160/40mm HR, iso 50, f11 or f16 I forgot :) , 5 sec exposure) This is a single image capture, used one 4 stop ND and two 2 stop ND grads.
nice colors, i really like this one.

weinlamm

What a wonderful color! I like it very much! And the glow of the sun is the highlight for me!

Where is it? Want to visit your island! :D

weinlamm

Hi, thx! It's Puerto Rico in the caribbean.
This explained a lot. :rolleyes: I was two times in the Dominican Republic - a wonderful country.
But at swimming I saw the last day of our holiday a big green moraine in the water and went out very fast. I saw this again some years later in an aquarium in the netherlands. There was a sign "the world's second most toxic moraine" - so I'm very glad to life still. But that's an other story...

Thanks for your explaination!

And @shortpballer:
Contratulations for your son!

stngoldberg

newport RI is paradise for a photographer
rm3di, 32mm rodie, 12 mm shift, f8 1/60 sec, iso 100, H4D50 back

Last edited:

Ken_R

Hi, I went to a new spot about an hour from my home. I made the silly mistake of not checking the iso and left the phase at iso 800 (sensor+) for half the time until I realized it and then switched to iso 50 and made about a dozen images. This was my favorite. I wanted a great sunset but rain clouds (pretty low cloud deck) to the west prevented that from happening. I times the sets of waves to get the most interesting results. I got wet a few times but the camera rig did not get a drop. :) I liked the subtle colors.

some tech info: 1.5 deg. tilt down, about 7.5mm back rise to shift the horizon up in the frame and get more of the flow of the water and sand. I used f11 and pretty much everything is in focus. Again, this is a single image capture. No extreme adjustments needed.

stngoldberg

Newport RI is paradise for photographers
Rodie32, H4D50 back, ISO 100, f11,1/60 sec, 10mm shift in both directions
Stanley