The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

Pemihan

First light at Alamo Canyon, Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument, Arizona.
Cambo WRS, Leaf Aptus II 7, SK 35XL - 2 horizontal images stitched and slightly cropped.

Pemihan

Before dawn, Organ Pipe Cactus NM, Arizona.
Cambo WRS, Leaf Aptus II 7, SK 35XL or SK 47XL not sure...

torger

SK72mm f/16, Aptus 75, Linhof Techno. Processed in RawTherapee. Shot in Muddus national park in northern Sweden last week.

I took great care in the shot to not have any sky visible through the background; by standing on higher ground and shifting down the horizon is above the frame. A minute earlier there was evening light on the tree, but I preferred this version. It's the shape and pattern I'm after so pretty sunlight would just draw attention from the composition. F/16 provided me with the DoF I wanted, a slight blur of the background to provide some depth in print (too subtle to be visible in the lower res attached image).

Thanks Swissblad ... The weather was beautiful and scenery stunning and almost no midges, we were really lucky. Just a shame I didn't have time for more photography!

alajuela

Hi
Not exactly what we are used to seeing, this was an old Police Barracks in Shanghai in the 1930s. These were shot with the Cambo/IQ180/Hr28, HR40, HR70 - They were shot on two different days.

Visually its pretty intense. I think I need to work on several of them a bit more to convey that feeling. (also have to feel better about the "color caste" how much is natural, my friend shot some film and we also have some Canon shots to compare). - I measured the images in both CI and PS and the shots were taken with an LCC and the 28 with a CF.

From the street - looks just like any other building, until you walk inside the court yard. The people that live there were very friendly with one noticeable exception. Most have lived there for going on 40 - 50 years.

Phil

Stairwell

Laundry Day

Middle Stairwell

Corner

Kitchen

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Exceptional photos, Phil, particularly the second one and the b&w. With regards to work on the photos, I tried some modest sharpening on the second. USM in PS, first 75-0.3-0 then 5-50-0. Increases the intensity, at least for web display.