The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

alajuela

Exceptional photos, Phil, particularly the second one and the b&w. With regards to work on the photos, I tried some modest sharpening on the second. USM in PS, first 75-0.3-0 then 5-50-0. Increases the intensity, at least for web display.
Thank you very much Jorgen - I will try your suggestion this evening
Again - Thank you
Phil

rayyen

Phil, this is awesome!
The place looks familiar in one of Stephen Chow's Movies, Kung Fu, is that the place?
Do you mind share the location of this place, so that I can pay a visit when I'm in Shanghai next time : )

Cheers,
Ray

rayyen

Thanks for all kind support from getdpi friends thrice, DanTidswell, jotloob, swissblad, Pemihan, Jorgen and many others. I had a great time in Iceland. It's truly a heaven for landscape photographers, 5 stars place for shooting!!! Wishing I can go there again in cold season : )

alajuela

Phil, this is awesome!
The place looks familiar in one of Stephen Chow's Movies, Kung Fu, is that the place?
Do you mind share the location of this place, so that I can pay a visit when I'm in Shanghai next time : )

Cheers,
Ray
Hello Ray

Thank you, not sure about Stephen Chow's movie, but this is in the Hongkuo District at Ping Liang road and Long Chang road

Let me know next time you make it to Shanghai - be nice to meet

Phil

torger

Here's another shot from Muddus National Park.

SK35mm, f/16 and tilt, Leaf Aptus 75, Linhof Techno. Grad filter to control the bright sky.

I got to use my new Lee Sev5en grad filters, really small and compact, and does work with the SK35 within useful shift ranges.

Tilt is not so often needed for wides, but sometimes it is, like here with a low camera position and high horizon. Still f/16 was required to get a wedge covering the treetops, but to get the foreground within DoF without tilt I would have had to use f/22 or smaller.

As usual I made the LCC with the grad still on so I cancelled it out in post-processing and applied new light tonemapping (which includes a virtual grad), ie the grad filter is only used for getting a better exposure in the field. Naturally the dark treetops become a bit noiser as they are under the dark part of the grad filter, but the foreground has excellent signal/noise ratio. As the trees have finer "random" details and kept quite dark noise is less disturbing there, so I find that using grads work well in most cases to get nice single-shot exposures in difficult light conditions.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
First test after I got my APO-SIRONAR DIGITAL 4,5/35mm adapted for ALPA

ALPA TC + APO-SIRONAR-DIGITAL 4,5/35mm + CFV-39 HH

thrice

I got to use my new Lee Sev5en grad filters, really small and compact, and does work with the SK35 within useful shift ranges.
Great shot Torger. I have the Lee RF75 system but haven't tried to use it on the SK35. Might be worth a shot.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Jürgen - I'm impressed - but I guess you had lots of practise with the SWC.

:thumbup:
No Sinuhe . Not very much practice , as I always hated the SWC release button .:thumbdown:
The ALPA TC with the 35mm RODI attached feels much better in my hands and the shutter release is much softer .:thumbup: That makes HH shooting easier .

:ROTFL: Nice to meet Marty Feldmann again . The comedy machine .
Yes , I think , that little building could take a large printer ? ? ?