The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

Ken_R

I was hired to photograph a beautiful coastal area for a Land Conservation Trust. I made the images during my 4 day stay on a truly stunning property. Here are some of my favorites.

The color in the sky did not last long at all. I could only get 2-3 exposures in and it was gone. Being closer to the equator makes shots like this much tougher because the sun tracks quickly up since the trajectory is almost overhead instead of having an incline like in places north. The good light is gone quickly and the saharan air layer ( SAL ) is present this time of year making distant landscapes a challenge. The location however is stunning.

some tech details: All are single image captures. I used a Tiffen glass .9 ND grad in most. I only used the 40mm HR lens (@ f11) on the Arca with the IQ160.

Added a few "behind the scenes" shots.

Pemihan

Sandstone formation in the Paria Canyon - Vermillion Cliffs Wilderness, Arizona
Cambo WRS, Leaf Aptus II 7, SK 35XL

hogweed

Thanks Jotloob,

it's already there, post #471, have a look.

Hogweed

btw: a few months ago I was in Kempten for a day. We stayed in a village called Wiggensbach for the night.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Thanks Jotloob,
it's already there, post #471, have a look.
Hogweed
btw: a few months ago I was in Kempten for a day. We stayed in a village called Wiggensbach for the night.
Sorry hogweed . I did not see that BICAM III image . Silvestri has quite some interesting gear nowadays .

Oh . Kempten . This was the first roman foundation north of the alpes and was the capital called : CAMBODUNUM . I do love that name and that small city .

thrice

A couple of handheld shots with the Alpa SWA and 35XL. The first one is a single shot with shift, the second one is 3 shots at 0, 10 and 20mm shift then stitched.

rayyen

Great HH shots!!! I'm not brave enough to stitch HH shots (cannot image life without tripod!!!)
Which software helps you with your stitching?? Must be a very smart one : )

alajuela

A couple of handheld shots with the Alpa SWA and 35XL. The first one is a single shot with shift, the second one is 3 shots at 0, 10 and 20mm shift then stitched.

Hi

Very nice really like vertical panos - the ceiling on the first one is stunning.

Best

Phil

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Great HH images .:thumbup:
I will try that as well , but due to the lack of high buildings forming narrow
side streets , I will do it the horizontal way .
Thanks for showing these images , Thrice .

thrice

It's interesting though, the shots definitely lack the serious biting sharpness at 100% which I normally get with a tripod... I guess the first one was 1/8s :p