The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

alajuela

Hi Phillip,

You have a IR converted P45+? I had no idea such exist.

If I may, I find the tonality a little strange, the stone in the front, and those in the middle are somehow incoherent to my eyes and both seem not to fit with the IR look of the leaves. None of the wonderful trees can be seen in total, they are cut off. Then again, I did not look at too many IR photographs so far, it might just be my inexperienced look at it.

I know the choice of frame from long ago, personally I am not too fond of it becuase I find it very distracting. That is not to say that it would not work on other pictures of a more graphical and abstract nature, but may be not so much in sorta busy pictures?

It is an interesting approach Phillip, but perhaps the person on the left is not placed in a way that benefits the picture overall?
Hi Georg

Yes, the P45+ can be converted to full spectrum by Phase, what they do is take off the Hot Mirror, the hot mirror excludes the UV and IR wave lengths and restricts the capture to visible light. which is +/- 380nm - 720nm.

Then you put on screw on filters to limit what part of the spectrum to allow to hit the sensor. In this case I think it was about 650nm and up, so some false color reached the sensor. I think the stone is like that as it reflects no natural light (not sure but I think that is why).

Your opinion certainly is valid, I am not married to the software frame - did not give it allot of thought, chose it because I felt it added to the oddness of the shot. but i think your comment is well founded and certainly well received ;-) I would have preferred to have more of the shot and less of the frame. The guy in frame - I like as it gives some realism to an otherwise unrealistic shot.

I have a ways to go on this, and hope in the coming months to get some interesting images.

Thank you for taking the time to comment

Phil

Last edited:

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
Yes, the P45+ can be converted to full spectrum by Phase, what they do is take off the Hot Mirror, the hot mirror excludes the UV and IR wave lengths and restricts the capture to visible light. which is +/- 380nm - 720nm.

Then you put on screw on filters to limit what part of the spectrum to allow to hit the sensor. In this case I think it was about 650nm and up, so some false color reached the sensor. I think the stone is like that as it reflects no natural light (not sure but I think that is why).
Fascinating! I would imagine that hot mirror procedure is non destructive, hence reversible by Phase One?

Thanks Phillip, and btw. really enjoyed the river pictures from Yang Shao.:thumbup:

alajuela

Fascinating! I would imagine that hot mirror procedure is non destructive, hence reversible by Phase One?

Thanks Phillip, and btw. really enjoyed the river pictures from Yang Shao.:thumbup:

Thank you Georg:D

As far a "reversible" goes, I am not sure, but - you can buy a "Hot Mirror" filter from Heliopan, B+W etc, which you can screw on the lens, and this should give you a "normal" image.

I am off to Miami today, and intend to do some shooting with the P45+ in the next few weeks.

thanks

Phil

here's another one wich i like very much - the facade is made of rusty steel panels.
looks so cool within the new environment. designed by BUSarchitecture ZT GmbH vienna.

and another one from CRAB Studio London

cunim

Experimenting with ways to bring out engine features. This was done with both standards tilted to vertical and swung to parallel. Composite of a fill image with light painting.

Last edited:

danlindberg

Just came home from a full day of boring 'must-do-things'. Entering my home I see both my kids, my wife and a friend snapping away on the terrace with their 4 compacts.
I realise that this light was going to last for seconds so I rushed into my study and opened my Peli. I knew that the SK120 was mounted on the SWA. But my tripod was in the car….damn….no time. I fire it up, quickly turn aperture to wide open 5.6 and hope it is enough with 1/60. Because 1/60 handheld is definitely needed with the 120. And another….damn….no soft release, but there is no time, you see the shadow on the left. This shadow moved into the picture rapidly. I got this capture and seconds later the whole mountain was in shadow.

I haven't done anything to it, colours are very close to what it was and exposure not lifted at all. Talk about a stressful photo…..not the usual me...