The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

gerald.d

We don't get clouds like this very often, so when they come, you have to make the most of them.

Max, Schneider 210, IQ180

10 shot portrait single row pano.

There's sufficient resolution in the original to be able to make out the lightning conductor at the top of the Burj Khalifa.

MILESF

Sennen Cove in Cornwall UK in December.

Arca-Swiss Factum, Rodenstock 32mm, IQ260.

I've posted an image taken nearby a little later with the Sony RX1-r on the Fun with RX-1 thread. I'm finding this to be the ideal small companion camera to the Arca.

MILESF

Porth Nanven, Cornwall, UK. These are big granite rocks but yo ucan hear them moving in rough waves as the tide comes in. Sometimes there is sand here too but not at the moment so it's constantly changing.

Arca-Swiss Factum, SK60mm, IQ260.

rga

Tuesday, New Year's Eve day, was a -1.44 foot tide (a King Tide, though that usually refers to an extremely high tide). I'd been looking forward to this for over 6 months and, though the tide cooperated, the sun did not (VERY bright).

I did manage to catch some clouds to add a bit of detail to a very bright blue sky, but they were quickly gone.

Alpa Max, Alpagon 32 SB17, IQ160

Pemihan

Grand Staircase Escalante NM, Utah.
Cambo WRS, DM22, SK35XL - Four images stitched and cropped to 16x9.

No tsunami here... but occasionally a flash flood in the wash below.

jctodd

Salisbury Cathedral, Wiltshire, England

Salisbury Cathedral Cloister

Aptus 22, Cambo 1200, HR 55 2-image stitch and SK 90 respectively

Last edited:

thrice

Alright fellas, cross-posted from my thread dedicated to this new toy.

Schneider 75/2.0 on Alpa SWA w/P1 P45. Wide open with no sharpening.

malmac

That is one heck of a warm smile from lips to eyes - Oh and nice sharp plane of focus - better not forget that.

Mal

Pemihan

Early morning in the Sonoran Desert.
Cambo WRS, Leaf Aptus II 7, SK35XL - Two shots stitched and cropped to 4x5.

Nutcracker

Re: Technical Camera Images Between Storms

Throughout Christmas and New Year, coastal western Europe has been battered by storms of considerable ferocity, yielding little opportunity for outdoor activities apart from necessary protection of life and property. Briefly today, the dense cloud parted and winds dropped below 30 knots, coinciding with high tides that were less threatening to coastal houses than in recent days. I waded to a newly formed dune that will hopefully protect my garden in future, and took some experimental handheld images while avoiding too much salt spray. Alpa FPS, IQ180, FPS HR32, F8, hyperfocal distance, 1/100 second dialed, but file data recorded 1/45th second. Maybe more experienced FPS owner can explain apparent shutter speed discrepancy (1/3 stop settings).

Pemihan

Paria Canyon - Vermillion Cliffs Wilderness, Arizona.
Cambo WRS, Leaf Aptus II 7, SK35XL - Two shots stitched and cropped to 4x5.

jctodd

View of Salisbury Cathedral, Wiltshire, UK, December 2013

Aptus 22, Cambo 1200, SK 90mm

Last edited:

rayyen

Kaiping, China
2 photos stitch into 1
ISO50 - F11 - 1/sec
Camera: Alpa Max
Lens: Rodenstock HR-W50mm
Back: Phase One IQ260
Tripod: Gitzo Systematic Series 3 + Arca Swiss Cube