The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

danlindberg

Very tight crop. Tighter than I would have liked, but there were a bunch of disturbing objects just outside this composition and the light was beautiful so I shot it with no margins at all....

Pemihan

Dominguez Butte, Glen Canyon, Utah.
Named after Francisco Atanasio Dominguez, one of the leaders of the 1776 Dominguez-Escalante Expedition, Dominguez Butte now
sits in the middle of Lake Powell close to the spot known as Crossing of the Fathers where the expedition crossed the Colorado River in November 1776.

Cambo WRS, Leaf Aptus-II 7, SK120 Aspheric - two shot stitched.

rga

Napa Valley this past Friday.
Squalls were passing through. JUST managed to get all the gear back in the truck before the biggest deluge hit.
Alpa Max, SK 80 SB34, IQ160, Ladder...

sandrahmart

I am in love with my Alpa. It is inspiring me to hunt light and compositions. In fact, it is what I have been missing for more than 10 years shooting 35mm. Photography has been my bread and butter for 20 years, but for a few years I must admit that I have been lacking inspiration and have only produced all incoming assignments because it's a job, but no dedication to go the extra mile for the client.
That has changed overnight with the purchase of the Alpa SWA. It's fun again. It's back to basics. It's back to "think" before you shoot. I simply love it.

Now, I would love to see a dedicated thread with Alpa images, I believe we are still a minority so I do not think there will be any change with the great thread "Fun with....." this would just be a complement for Alpa users.

Yes, yes, I know that it is the lens and the back that actually makes the image. The "thingy inbetween" is just holding the other two pieces together. But I don't care! I call it Alpa images anyway :)

I start off with two images, where you could say - "what a difference a day make".... This first one I shot yesterday evening in a lovely light:

Around 20 hours later I am back in this area, less than 100 metres away and today the air was damp with a heavy fog and considerably colder than yesterday. So I felt very black & white and made this today, almost at the same spot as yesterday.

Would be very nice to see your Alpa images too :)
thanks for share.. ths very nice pics

jctodd

Teddy-bear cactus, Eldorado Canyon, Nevada

Techatticup Mining Camp, Eldorado Canyon, Nevada

Both SK35, Aptus 22, Cambo 1200

cunim

Inspired by Darr's abstract of a similar subject.
I picked up this little alien bulldozer off Antigua about 50 years ago. Colors have faded some but patterns still there. Sort of like me.
AS Monolith swung and set to vertical, Apo Digitar 210mm, f8.