The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

Pemihan

Storms over the seemingly endless Wyoming Prairie once ruled by the Lakota and Cheyenne..
Cambo WRS 1250, IQ160, SK60XL - two shot stitch.

rga

For some reason I'm finding it extremely difficult to post images to my albums here and not have them all resized and re-proportioned in gruesome ways. So I'll just post a link to them on my site and hope some of you will take a look.
Going back through some old images and reprocessing with Capture One Pro 8 as well as new CC techniques, I found this one from my second MFDB, a P45+ mounted on a Hasselblad Flexbody. I really like it:
Robert Adler Photography | Why I Have 8TB of Image Files

Thanks for looking!
Bob

Ed Hurst

What is the deal with the letter on top of some of the piles? Are they the remnant of an art installation project?
I was there a couple of months back and worked out that they spell the message "marry me XXX" (the XXX being a woman's name). Don't know if that was an artistic project or someone who went to a lot of trouble to be romantic! (You can't see all of the letters in this image)

danlindberg

Yes, I 've posted this image a while back (view from my terrace) but today we are 15 people climbing it :D 1 200 metres high and only a couple of km from the sea.
It's an eight hour trekking and I'm going totally minimalistic, bringing the Alpa TC and a single lens....the XL 28 and nothing else. Well, my smallest and lightest tripod the Gitzo 2 series is coming with me as well.

6 litres of water per person and big sandwiches. :)

danlindberg

Wow, some trekking we managed yesterday! It was definitely tougher than I anticipated. It was really difficult to think photography because I was so much concentrating on the tiny narrow pathways and not looking down a few hundred metres just beside me.....and when we had a break I was catching my breath, the heart pumping away and legs shaking like crazy. Yeah, I know, I should be in better shape :p
Halfway up I hadn't even opened my backpack, but here I sat behind my daughter and I shot this as a familysnap, handheld at 1/125 and straight into the sun. This was after 3 hours trekking uphill all the time and around 5 minute breaks an hour.

Shashin

Well Dan, I can tell you it never gets easier. It may get faster, maybe longer between breaks, but it is always hard, it always hurts. But that is why you carry a camera--no one can tell if you are working or resting. ;)