The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

Don Libby

finally ventured into the Subway at Zion NP. I’ll admit it was the toughest hike I’ve ever been on, and being 62 and a little bulkier around the middle than I care to admit to myself it maybe wasn’t the smartest thing I’ve ever done. I did bring along a son-in-law to pack my gear ... good thing. Still can’t walk normal.

But worth it ... one of coolest places I have ever photographed. Here’s my favorite shot so far

ArcaSwiss rm3di/IQ180 back with 40mm Rodenstock HR, f/16, 8 secs at iso 35. This is a two shot stitch (back is in landscape orientation) done with shifting the back.
Now you're making me think about doing the hike out as well! Beautiful image. Can I borrow your son-in-law?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Looks like we're all in the desert southwest at the moment!

La Sal mountain loop, Moab:
Alpa STC, IQ260, 40HR 1/8s f/11 ISO100 - 8mm rise, tilt.

Pemihan

Looks like we're all in the desert southwest at the moment!
I ain't, but I sure as hell would like to be!
Here's an image from my last trip..

View over Marble Canyon from the Paria Plateau. On the far left are the Echo Cliffs and in the distance is Navajo Mountain.
Cambo WRS-1250, IQ160, HR40,

Shashin

Tokyo Skyline
Alpa 12STC + HR70 + Credo 50
Great. Tokyo is one of my favorite cities. If I had to live in a city, this would be it.

Just next to the river on your side are two of Tokyo's most interesting builds. They are owned by a beer company. The tall yellow glass one with the silver glass top was designed to look like a glass of beer with a head. Just to the left of that, the small back building with the golden tadpole is belongs to the same company and has an exclusive beer garden. The tadpole is supposed to be an eternal flame.

You were in the Tokyo Skytree. Most people photograph those from the other side of the river after they have visited Senso Temple in Asakusa--one of the most famous temples in Tokyo (the green patch just to the right on the other side of the river).

kimyeesan

Great. Tokyo is one of my favorite cities. If I had to live in a city, this would be it.

Just next to the river on your side are two of Tokyo's most interesting builds. They are owned by a beer company. The tall yellow glass one with the silver glass top was designed to look like a glass of beer with a head. Just to the left of that, the small back building with the golden tadpole is belongs to the same company and has an exclusive beer garden. The tadpole is supposed to be an eternal flame.

You were in the Tokyo Skytree. Most people photograph those from the other side of the river after they have visited Senso Temple in Asakusa--one of the most famous temples in Tokyo (the green patch just to the right on the other side of the river).
Yes, indeed Tokyo is the first choice for city to live in for me as well. It has everything, and I mean everything.

Skytree is also one of the best observatory tower I have been to. Really enjoy the experience. Just wish the air is not that hazy....