The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

gerald.d

Thanks jagsiva, but again I must stress - the CAPcam software works on the angles of the focal plane vs the sensor plane.

NOT the angles of the front standard vs the sensor plane, which is what we are used to talking about.

Having said that, the lens angle was pretty big for this one!

Kind regards,

Gerald.

cunim

Shaman makes a point.

This is a superb pen, but absolutely plain. Interesting subject because of that understatement. Apo Digitar 120 @f8, IQ180, stacked

danlindberg

Took the youngest daughter for a walk on the beach today. We saw a new playground and she wanted to try it out. I sat down for a while doing nothing, looking at the sea and thinking of my schedule for the week. But after my daughter called me to go around and see what she was doing, then I saw this abstract image before me. I had the Alpa Max with one lens and my ultralight Gitzo with me.....so, why not....a slide at the beach shot as graphical as possible.

jlm

Workshop Member
halfway up the lower part of the bridge tower on the left, little bright light. about where i live!

stngoldberg

I am the the photographer for Touro Synagogue, the oldest Jewish place of worship in North America. Recently I took some additional images for a new brochure that is being created.
This image is a photomerge of 9 images. In order to manage the shot from a balcony above the sanctuary, it was necessary to tilt the camera down (Arca Swiss) at a very severe angle.
As you might imagine, when the image was assembled in photoshop, all of the columns converged at about a 30 degree angle. Fortunately it was possible to somewhat straighten them with a manual lens correction in Adobe CC.
Incidentally what a PITA it was to combine all of the LCC's with all of the images!

Stanley

Pemihan

Testing my newly acquired IQ180.

Stone ship from the Viking Age at Gl. Lejre, Denmark.
A symbol of the final journey towards the afterlife ship settings were often erected at burial grounds.
This setting is one of the largest stone build ship settings in Denmark. 55 graves have been found here, one with a human sacrifice.

Cambo WRS-1250, IQ180, 40HR.

gerald.d

Full frame (the watch is 39.5mm diameter, so that should give you a clue as to the magnification here!).

Capcam working its magic again - focal plane aligned with the watch movement, depth of field is less than 400 microns. 9 image focal stack.

IQ180, Schneider 120mm

r93mdue

Jerry,

I used the boathouse as my focal point. It was at about 300 yards from my camera. Then I calculated the hyperfocal distance (H) and used the aperture that would give me a H/2 at the flag on the first green.

Kind regards

r93mdue

You can use a laser. For far distances like this you can judge the distance. Usually once the subject is at 400 yards or so it is almost considered as infinity. Hyperfocal distance (H)= (LXL)/(fxd where, L=focal length of lens in mm, f= f-stop of aperture, d=Diameter of CoC (circle of confusion) in mm (for 645 format it is 0.050 mm or 50 microns). You could use a HPF ring that is available for SK or Rodie lenses in Alpa lineup that gives you a DOF for every aperture and you can then use the NFL (near focus limit) and FFL (far focus limit) on the HPF ring. The other alternative is to calculate the NFL=(HXD)/({H+(D-L)} and FFL=(HXD)/{H_(D-L)} where, H=HFD in mm, D=Distance to subject in mm and L=focal length in mm.
The HPF (High precision focus) rings are specific for each lens.