The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

cunim

[/QUOTE]Almost happy with that one (just the lugs need some more attention). Step by step, I think I'm getting there.

For comparison, here's a link to the shot of the watch on the manufacturer's website.

http://www.alange-soehne.com/assets...issgold-White-gold-140029-Zoom-back-72dpi.jpg

Kind regards,

Gerald.[/QUOTE]

Very instructive Gerald. I see what the manufacturer is trying to do. Present a clear illustration of what the watch is and how it works. You are doing something more complex, more like an interpretive portrait. I think I try to do much the same, but comparing these two images makes me wonder what I am trying to achieve in many of my own shots. Would you mind pointing out your goals for this type of treatment? Start a new thread if that would be appropriate.

miketclaw

Hong Kong - Tsing Yi Phaseone P25+ Schnider 120mm

- - - Updated - - -

Hong Kong - Western District Phaseone P25+ Schnider 120mm

Last edited:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Out testing a new camera set up when nature played along - Columbia River Gorge Sunset

Cambo Actus DB, Alpagon 32HR with JLM Alpa adapter, IQ150

thrice

4 roughly edited images from Tasmania

Liffy Falls:

-18mm, 0mm, +18mm vertical orientation horizontal shifted stitch ALPA STC, Schneider 35XL, Phase one P45, no LCC

Cradle Mountain

-18mm, 0mm, +18mm horizontal orientation horizontal shifted stitch ALPA STC, Mamiya 110/2.8, Phase one P45, no LCC

Pieman River

-18mm, 0mm, +18mm horizontal orientation vertical shifted stitch ALPA STC, Mamiya 110/2.8, Phase one P45, no LCC

Whyte Riverbank

-18mm, 0mm, +18mm horizontal orientation vertical shifted stitch ALPA STC, Schneider 35XL, Phase one P45, no LCC - might've forgotten to stop this one down...

gerald.d

Very instructive Gerald. I see what the manufacturer is trying to do. Present a clear illustration of what the watch is and how it works. You are doing something more complex, more like an interpretive portrait. I think I try to do much the same, but comparing these two images makes me wonder what I am trying to achieve in many of my own shots. Would you mind pointing out your goals for this type of treatment? Start a new thread if that would be appropriate.
Hi - new thread with response here:

http://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-...5769-watch-photography-my-journey-so-far.html

Kind regards,

Gerald.