The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

thrice

My Sister on Boxing Day
ALPA STC w/ Mamiya 110/2.8 wide open, 3 image stitch using +/- 18mm rear rise/fall. Phase One P45.

beano_z

Couple shots from my last trip to Vancouver (BTW behind the scenes shots available in the other thread;))

Vancouver skyline sut after sunset from Stanley park
Vancouver Skyline From Stanley Park - 27-Nov-2015.jpg

Sunrise at the Steveston Fisherman's Wharf
Sunrise At Steveston Fishermans Wharf - 30-Nov-2015.jpg

Duffey Lake early in the morning
Duffey Lake 02 - 29-Nov-2015.jpg

Smoothjazz

Beano,

This is a great perspective in this photograph. May I ask which lens you used, and is it stitched or unstitched?

Thanks,

John

beano_z

Beano,

This is a great perspective in this photograph. May I ask which lens you used, and is it stitched or unstitched?

Thanks,

John
Thanks John.

All images were shot on the P45+, the top and bottom images were made with the Rodenstock 32/4.0, the middle one as the Rodenstock HR-SW 90/5.6, all of the were 3 image stitches, then cropped to 2:1 ratio.

I guess the perspective you're talking about had more to do with the placement of the camera, especially the height of the tripod, obviously, with which you would adjust the foreground / background ratio within the composition. I'm in a phase of trying different things right now in that regard, needless to say, with many failed shots...:banghead::loco:;)

Smoothjazz

Beano,

What is your take on using the 32HR lens? Many photographers here on the forum talk about issues with potential distortion, or unevenness when stitching, but then I see these great pristine images, that make me think that the lens really is capable of rendering some great landscapes without too much post-processing. I am intensely debating right now going with either the 32HR versus the 40HR lens.
I am thinking that I am leaning towards the 40HR at this time, so that I can avoid using a center filter, or even a LCC, and still stitch together some fine landscapes relatively seamlessly.

Pemihan

Overlooking Dominguez Pass and Paria Canyon, Arizona.
Cambo WRS, IQ160, 40HR - Four image stitch.

Dominguez Pass looking up Paria Canyon, Arizona.
Cambo WRS, IQ160, 40HR - Three image stitch.

dchew

Overlooking Dominguez Pass and Paria Canyon, Arizona.
Cambo WRS, IQ160, 40HR - Four image stitch.

Dominguez Pass looking up Paria Canyon, Arizona.
Cambo WRS, IQ160, 40HR - Three image stitch.
Great images Peter. I don't know how you find the time to get out and shoot what with all this important chatting to do about the IQ3 100. Where are your priorities man!
:loco:

Pemihan

Dominguez Pass, Arizona.
Cambo WRS, IQ160, 40HR.

Dominguez Pass, Arizona.
Cambo WRS, IQ160, SK60XL - Four image stitch.

Some background info on Dominguez Pass; In 1776 the Dominguez–Escalante Expedition came to what today is Lee's Ferry trying to cross the Colorado River. Unsuccessful they searched for an alternate route and found their way up the huge sand dune shown in the last image and through a gap in the cliffs now known as Dominguez Pass. Imagine hauling horses and pack mules up that enormous sand dune and along those treacherous ledges...!
From there the expedition continued north and crossed the Colorado at what is known as Crossing of the Fathers now buried deep beneath the waters of Lake Powell.

Last edited:

Pemihan

Great images Peter. I don't know how you find the time to get out and shoot what with all this important chatting to do about the IQ3 100. Where are your priorities man!
:loco:
Thanks very much Dave.
Yes it's a difficult choice but I take comfort in the fact that the three stitched Dominguez Pass images are well over 100MP and probably wouldn't be possible to make with the IQ3 100 due to shifting limits :grin:

Last edited: