The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

M

mjr

I have a few cliche shots but really try to avoid them if I can, it was my first visit so will definitely get off the beaten track a little more next time. It's a beautiful spot but photographers in every bay!

Mat

Pelorus

The bouncers straight ahead in this photo were becoming increasingly perturbed with me, apparently shooting straight at them. I half expected one to come trotting across the street...but they didn't.

Gertrude-35.jpg

dchew

After a week in Iceland with Kevin Raber et al, then several weeks mining images it seems my favorites are not at all what I expected. There were some wide open flat lands where past lava flows took over the sea. Perhaps not intriguing, and certainly not iconic. But you never know ahead of time what you will connect with, and I seemed to be fascinated by these areas.

The jpeg conversion isn't doing the image justice even at the highest quality setting. SK150 2-image stitch 18mm each way.

Dave

torger

Here's one from the past weekend, shot in Vietas a high altitude pine forest in northern Sweden. The shooting conditions wasn't great for photographing the forest, still lots of snow on the ground but no snow in the trees, strong sun most of the time. You can't really shoot and not wanting the snow to be there, and in overview scenes the contrast between the snow-free forest and the bright snow-covered ground is really difficult to work with. Some new snow or frost in the trees would have made it easier, but that just wasn't the case this weekend.

Anyway, the extremely pure white snow and dead wood that had been uncovered in the melting did catch my attention. Most of the time when melting the snow in the forest is dirty from falling debris from the trees etc, but this time a thin layer of new snow was on top, still melted away from the branches.

I've attached two shots. One is shot with the SK180 at f/16, the other with SK72 at f/16 and some tilt, both on my trusty Linhof Techno. The digital back is a H4D-50, processed with my own DCamProf color profile in RawTherapee. For these subjects I preferred a simple low contrast look.

(Hmmm... what happened to the small thumbnails for image attachments that expanded when clicking on them? my images seems to have become fixed-size regardless of page size :-/ sorry for that, but I don't know how to fix it.)

Attachments

ErikKaffehr

Hi Anders,

I like those images, thanks for sharing!

Best regards
Erik

Here's one from the past weekend, shot in Vietas a high altitude pine forest in northern Sweden. The shooting conditions wasn't great for photographing the forest, still lots of snow on the ground but no snow in the trees, strong sun most of the time. You can't really shoot and not wanting the snow to be there, and in overview scenes the contrast between the snow-free forest and the bright snow-covered ground is really difficult to work with. Some new snow or frost in the trees would have made it easier, but that just wasn't the case this weekend.

Anyway, the extremely pure white snow and dead wood that had been uncovered in the melting did catch my attention. Most of the time when melting the snow in the forest is dirty from falling debris from the trees etc, but this time a thin layer of new snow was on top, still melted away from the branches.

I've attached two shots. One is shot with the SK180 at f/16, the other with SK72 at f/16 and some tilt, both on my trusty Linhof Techno. The digital back is a H4D-50, processed with my own DCamProf color profile in RawTherapee. For these subjects I preferred a simple low contrast look.

(Hmmm... what happened to the small thumbnails for image attachments that expanded when clicking on them? my images seems to have become fixed-size regardless of page size :-/ sorry for that, but I don't know how to fix it.)

danlindberg

Outside a tiny mountainvillage, Genalgaucil. I was seriously lost.....lol....my 4x4 had to work hard today, but my Mitsubishi mountaingoat brought me home in one piece....

EDIT: Title is 'Layered' :)

cunim

Trying to develop a "look" for these classic car pics. Hmmm. Not there yet. Interesting is a major difference in saturation between the sRGB image as displayed by Lightroom and by Explorer (more saturated). Tiff file is the same in both environments. Wonder why.

Parallel verticals and swung. HR70 at f8. IQ180.

Attachments