The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

dchew

Couldn't let the thread fall off the first page!

Practicing tilt today with the sk150. Somewhere around 4 degrees. I still don't understand how the forum images display. On my MBP the full image looks fine but the two crops are softer than they really are. On my NEC display the crops look a bit better but the full image looks over sharpened.
:loco:

Full image:

Front left pad:

Rear right pad:

Dave

stngoldberg

This barn/garage was originally part of a Newport Estate by the name of Chateau-Sur-Mer which was constructed in 1852.
I'm not sure how many times this structure has been updated since the original construction, but it now serves as a classroom building for Salve Regina University
BTW, I used one degree of tilt on my 32mm Rodi lens for additional depth of field
Stanley

Last edited:

HiggsSinglet

Somewhere close to Daocheng (稻城), Sichuan Province in the Tibetan Plateau, elevation 3750
MAX+IQ180+HR32

- - - Updated - - -

Monastery along the Bo Wa Pass (波瓦山), Sichuan Province on the Tibetan Plateau on S216, elevation 4513 meters

HiggsSinglet

Waiting for the sunrise and shot this instead, Prayer Flags under the Moon, around Yading (亚丁), Sichuan Province on the Tibetan Plateau, elevation around 4200

rayyen

Brilliant captures, pls show us more.

Somewhere close to Daocheng (稻城), Sichuan Province in the Tibetan Plateau, elevation 3750
MAX+IQ180+HR32

- - - Updated - - -

Monastery along the Bo Wa Pass (波瓦山), Sichuan Province on the Tibetan Plateau on S216, elevation 4513 meters

pesto

I have been away from tech camera world for a while and have just shot my first images with my new system. Clearly, I have a way to go in reacquiring my skills but am thoroughly enjoying the process.

Cambo 1250 / Rodenstock 40 HR / IQ 260

Jupiter Pier

201671023 Jupiter Pier.jpg

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
IQ3 100 f/11 2s 40 HR electronic shutter! :)

One of the less boing test pictures taken with new back ...

Last edited:

gerald.d

Been a while since I've posted anything here. Recently I finally accepted the fact that if I wanted to move forward with my photography, I had to invest in some "proper" lights. Been putting it off for years for some reason. Last week took delivery of some Profoto gear, and here's the third photo shot with it.

Capcam, IQ250, Schneider 120mm

Full frame, single shot with tilt and swing.

Lots to learn, but am quite happy with how things have started out (ignoring the fact I didn't quite hit the crown right!)

Why oh why did I wait so long?

Kind regards,

Gerald.

MrSmith

and the trouble with hi-res watch photography is the dirt and fingerprints, even straight from the manufacture they are covered in it.
not really visible with the naked eye but the camera never lies.
always a couple of hours retouch to clean up a watch:banghead:

gerald.d

and the trouble with hi-res watch photography is the dirt and fingerprints, even straight from the manufacture they are covered in it.
not really visible with the naked eye but the camera never lies.
always a couple of hours retouch to clean up a watch:banghead:
Labour of love for me. I consider myself very fortunate that I do this for the fun of it!

Kind regards,

Gerald.

ErikKaffehr

Lovely image,

But are you not a bit to much focused on gear? Profoto has great gear, which offers great convenience. But, do you really think that the photons coming from Profoto are any better than the photons of my Elinchrome DLite 400 made in India?

Great images, like the one you posted, may depend far more on knowledge, experience and hard work than making use of the most expensive and professional gear.

Best regards
Erik

Been a while since I've posted anything here. Recently I finally accepted the fact that if I wanted to move forward with my photography, I had to invest in some "proper" lights. Been putting it off for years for some reason. Last week took delivery of some Profoto gear, and here's the third photo shot with it.

Capcam, IQ250, Schneider 120mm

Full frame, single shot with tilt and swing.

Lots to learn, but am quite happy with how things have started out (ignoring the fact I didn't quite hit the crown right!)

Why oh why did I wait so long?

Kind regards,

Gerald.