The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

TsurTriger

I hope it OK to give my 2 cents about the hands position.
When I photograph watches, or every other product, I don't go every time by "the rules" that other go after, for example: 10:09 position. I do, and I say it every time to the customer, can do it but it might looks like all other pictures, the thousands that exist. If the customer go with me, and not restrict about the hands position, I do trying to find the most proper position I think that flow in the picture. Most of the time, yes 10:09 is very good indeed.

But, sometime it give more "feel" to break those "rules" in a picture, and I do love to break the rules. It make the picture more "eye catching".

DSC01361_900.jpg
IMG_6468_900.jpg

MrSmith

i like how the second hand forms a perfect triangle with the bracelet and edge of the box, leading your eye round the image.
sometimes the ideal position fights with the composition in this instance the ‘wrong’ position is part of what makes the shot.:clap:

TsurTriger

Mr.Smith, this one is dedicated to you. :thumbup:
Seiko Tuna Automatic 1000m gold version.
Just do not kill me about the watch hands position.:toocool:

DSC01404c_900.jpg

MrSmith

omega-dark.jpgskull.jpg
:thumbup: I have a lume shot to post for you (later when at computer, will edit this post)
these are actually 2 crops from a DPS feature on watch lume.

Last edited:

gerald.d

Cathedral Gorge, Nevada, 2012.
Cambo WRS, Mamiya DM22, SK35XL - two image stitch.
Wonderful image.

How long did you have to wait for a cloud to turn up and be "just right"?

A few years back there was a shot I wanted to get in Dubai that needed a cloud. I went to the same spot every day for a week, for two hours each day, waiting for the right cloud to come along :ROTFL:

Kind regards,

Gerald.

Pemihan

Thanks Gerald!

I think it was just right when I got there, I was hiking with the camera on tripod and just set it up and shot the image(s) Pure luck I guess :)

Peter

Wonderful image.

How long did you have to wait for a cloud to turn up and be "just right"?

A few years back there was a shot I wanted to get in Dubai that needed a cloud. I went to the same spot every day for a week, for two hours each day, waiting for the right cloud to come along :ROTFL:

Kind regards,

Gerald.

vjbelle

Zabriskie - Two images shifted 10mm left and right - Actus, 3100, 72mm digitar. Around 7:00AM with the sun just breaking through the clouds behind me. Wind gusts to 30 MPH but I was able to find a sheltered area walking down a trail from the view point. You get the lighting you get....

Victor

Attachments

Pemihan

Red Deer wallow site close to our home. We seldom see the Red Deer, they don't show them self often, but signs of them are everywhere.
Cambo WRS, IQ180, 32HR.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Lovely, Graham. May I ask how much stitching was involved?
Single capture, no stitch at all. That was the beauty of having the Canon 17TSE. I did have to use lens fall to keep things as straight as possible at the edges of the scene. I cropped a little sky off as it was uninteresting.

vjbelle

Manly Beacon from Badlands Loop. 2 image pano 10mm left and 10mm right. Actus, 3100, 72mm Digitar. Taken around 2:00 PM for side lighting.

Victor
CF002462 Panorama_3.jpg