The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Portland Head Lighthouse

Reprocess of file in C1 Pro v10. This is from 2013 CI workshop to Acadia with Ed Cooley - by a process of attrition, only Ed and I were left by this morning!

Alpa 12STC, IQ260, SK72, 2s ISO 100 f/11
4 image stitch, ~12mm fall.

vjbelle

Portland Head Lighthouse

Reprocess of file in C1 Pro v10. This is from 2013 CI workshop to Acadia with Ed Cooley - by a process of attrition, only Ed and I were left by this morning!

Great to see examples from the Schneider 72mm. Easily one of my favorite lenses - very, very sharp and a versatile focal length. Hope you still own it..... I wish the 3100 allowed focal length input.....

Victor

Smoothjazz

Graham,
Just curious-

Any problems with stitching an image when you have moving water in the image?

Thanks for your input.

John

Portland Head Lighthouse

GrahamWelland

Graham,
Just curious-

Any problems with stitching an image when you have moving water in the image?

Thanks for your input.

John
I use Autopano Giga for my images. I initially tried using the scripting out of C1 Pro into Photoshop CC and it made a horrible mess of it. Autopano just worked and I didn't need to use the internal stitching editor tools - just recognize and stitch/blend into a single Photoshop file. It was a 800MB PSD file! (original is 18209 x 7200 resolution btw)

Possibly could have been more difficult with a shorter exposure and more water texture but I didn't notice any issues with this set of images.

HiggsSinglet

I use Autopano Giga for my images. I initially tried using the scripting out of C1 Pro into Photoshop CC and it made a horrible mess of it. Autopano just worked and I didn't need to use the internal stitching editor tools - just recognize and stitch/blend into a single Photoshop file. It was a 800MB PSD file! (original is 18209 x 7200 resolution btw)

Possibly could have been more difficult with a shorter exposure and more water texture but I didn't notice any issues with this set of images.
I use Autopano Pro with scripts for stitching Aerial 360 pano, from time to time, I do run into issues with the ocean and the sky.

f6cvalkyrie

Very nice find, Graham, thanks for sharing :clap::thumbup:
I'm currently uploading some panoramic files from my E-M1 ... Looks good ...

C U,
Rafael

cunim

It's 16' C out there. Convertible weather for Canadians.

Rodie 135, IQ180, Monolith. Using my new "Platypod" to get low.

lag1.jpg

GrahamWelland

It's 16' C out there. Convertible weather for Canadians.

Rodie 135, IQ180, Monolith. Using my new "Platypod" to get low.
Well, it was but I'm in Markham this week and today ... 2C and misty and ugly again. Glad I'm going home tomorrow to the Pacific North Wet. :shocked:

cunim

Well, it was but I'm in Markham this week and today ... 2C and misty and ugly again. Glad I'm going home tomorrow to the Pacific North Wet. :shocked:
Got to admit, that is beautiful country. So lovely that one day an army of attack beavers will cross the border and take it for the queen.

TimG

Been struggling with rubbish weather recently, either 100% clouded out and rained on, or no clouds at all and everything is a bit bland, still fun finding big fossils to use as foregrounds though :)

WRS-5000 IQ260 Rodenstock 32

dchew

Yesterday's 2"/hr blizzard. 60xl two-image stitch.

I don't know if I'm crazy, but I don't share the concern others have over technical cameras in bad weather. Over in the X1D thread Howard, probably rightfully so, questioned how a technical camera would hold up in Iceland with pouring rain, snow, etc. I spent a week there last Feb with no issues and the weather was anything but sunny. Sure cover the Copal shutter. But except for the DB there's no electronics. I take the same reasonable care I did with my old bombproof Canon 1n. And now with ES I don't even have to fumble around setting the shutter speed.

On second thought, maybe I'm not crazy. Maybe just...
Forest Gump :loco:

Last edited: