The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

BANKER1

Just to add, the tree is for real if that isn't clear!!

Oh yes, another thing. I just noticed while doing the PP, the artist has made a mistake :bugeyes: You see the lever to switch the water on and off - well, it is in its off position :grin: and yet the girl is watering the tree....
I am thinking of trying to find the artist and make him/her aware of it :lecture:
I think it is a perspective issue for you. If you look at the shadow you will see it is in the on position. Look again at the painting of the valve and then the shadow. I think you will agree it is in the on position.

Greg

danlindberg

I clearly saw the handle at 90 degrees from the hoose before - now I see it along the hoose!!!!

If you look long at it, it can change this position. I agree that the shadow actually proofs that it is 'on', so I can relax and not look up the artist :D

But I bet you too can see it at closed position if you look long enough....

vjbelle

Mittens Shadow. This was the entire reason for this trip and I had a one day window. Perfect conditions so I'm very pleased to have gotten this as I missed it last year. The sun was completely gone within 4 minutes of this shot. Actus, Phase 3100, 100mm Digitar. Cropped to 16X9.

Victor

Attachments

Mittens Shadow. This was the entire reason for this trip and I had a one day window. Perfect conditions so I'm very pleased to have gotten this as I missed it last year. The sun was completely gone within 4 minutes of this shot. Actus, Phase 3100, 100mm Digitar. Cropped to 16X9.

Victor
Really great shot :clap:

stngoldberg

Hi JohnBrew,
Did you apply an LCC on this image?
It occurs to me that the cast on the white church should be less green
BTW, nice image
Stanley

JohnBrew

Thanks, Stanley. I suppose 10 degrees rise does call for an LCC, but I didn't use one (and I guess it shows!). :banghead:

Added: Stanley, this is how I solve color issues :D

Attachments

Last edited:

Frederic

Thanks, Stanley. I suppose 10 degrees rise does call for an LCC, but I didn't use one (and I guess it shows!). :banghead:
You can always make one now and apply it to this pic. If you still remember the aperture and helicoidal values that would be perfect.

JohnBrew

You can always make one now and apply it to this pic. If you still remember the aperture and helicoidal values that would be perfect.
Thanks, Frederic. The camera is still set up as shot due to a dead battery! I've never made an LCC but understand the principle behind it so I'll give it a go.

TimG

Been away on business for a few weeks, went down to the city last night for a bit of a quick go, I put my tripod in the same three holes as about a billion other people before me but what the hell :D

TimG

TimG
Nice billionth and one shot.
Sure is nice to know what gear was used with images.
Hey thanks!

and yeah lol - must have been 20 other people stood with tripods along the wall :p not my usual preferred mode of operation!

Image was shot on a Cambo WRS-5000, Rodie 32-HR (T/S 1 degree front tilt, 1 degree swing) IQ260, Little stopper and a 0.9 hard grad mounted at around 45 degrees

rayyen

Stunning, thanks for sharing such great photos!!

Finally finished editing the rest of the images from the trip to Larung Gar two weeks ago, here are some more shots....

Afternoon shot:

Sertar Afternoon 02 - 04-Mar-2017
by BB, on Flickr

Evening shot:

Sertar Sunset 01 - 04-Mar-2017
by BB, on Flickr

And lastly, sort of a test shot on Velvia 50 slide film, first time shooting anything "serious" with the Mamiya 6x9 film back for ALPA. This image is a horizontal stitch of 3 images, shifted left and right at 18mm......which turned out to be just about 10% wider than the 6x9 shot, talk about a waste of film :facesmack:

Looking back, I should have known that the 6x9 back is already stretching the image circle allowed by the ALPA square mount system, which is I believe only 10cm wide (and high) on the inside. Anyway, still very much blown away by the image quality of this film (processed and scanned by a friend on his Hasselblad X5)

Sertar Sunrise 04 Velvia 50 Small - 05-Mar-2017
by BB, on Flickr