The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

TimG

Went away for the weekend, up to Anglesey in Wales, the weather was rubbish but Saturday morning wasn't so bad, came away with a couple of shots of Penmon lighthouse,

WRS-5000 IQ260, Rodie 32

andrearch

Someone told me that the "old" lenses for film are not good on digital backs.... this is a SK 75mm F/5.6 Super-Angulon on CFV-50c

pesto

This is the Old Seldom Church in Yemassee, SC,. Quite an interesting history here: It was built in the mid 18th century only to suffer massive fire damage during the American Revolution. It was ultimately rebuilt in the early 1800s' and was once again ravaged and burned toward the end of the Civil war; there is some dispute as to wether it was at the hands of General Shermans marauders or if the local people looted it for materials to rebuild their homes. Either way, it is an extraordinary site which projects an almost spiritual aura.

Old Seldon Church-1.jpgOld Seldon Church-2.jpg

The Chapel of Ease on St Helena Island near Beaufort, SC has had a similar fate and, while having a more humble architectural design, it has its own gracious dignity and serenity as well. Interestingly, the walls are made up of oyster shells mixed into mortar which is said to have been lime based.

Untitled-1.jpgUntitled-2.jpg

JohnBrew

Coincidentally, following Pesto's post, I was at Sheldon last week. To give you an idea of how long it's been, the last time was with two film M's! I even managed to shoot a couple of film frames while I was there but haven't finished the roll yet.
Not sure what time of day Pesto was there, but I had to deal with quite heavy shadows.
The results of the last time the church was fired (by the Yankees) are still visible on the interior walls.
RM3di, 70 HR, CFV-50c, three image stack.

Attachments

cunim

Another fountain pen. There is a cottage industry involving people who mix pigments into liquid acrylic and then cast multicolor rods, and others who hand-turn those rods into pens. The way the material responds to lighting is interesting.

Rodie 135, some stacking.

Attachments

vjbelle

Badlands - Actus, Phase 3100, Schneider 180mm and lots of wind!!

I'm surprised that there have not been more images from this relatively remarkable place. Lots to photograph......

Cheers...... Victor

Attachments

Last edited:

TimG

Been in the dolomites these last few days, struggled with everything either being closed or under 10ft of snow! found a half decent location for sunset though, after lots of driving!

WRS-5000, Rodie 32, IQ260, 6 stopper/0.9 hard

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Shoshone Falls, Twin Falls, Idaho. A lot of water this year. So much mist I mainly shot small sections of the upper parts of the falls. Liked this one in B&W.

Actus DB2 with IQ3 100, Rodenstock 120mm, 6 sec at f/11

dchew

Shoshone Falls, Twin Falls, Idaho. A lot of water this year. So much mist I mainly shot small sections of the upper parts of the falls. Liked this one in B&W.
Very nice Wayne. Right now I have some people up in Star, Idaho (just west of Boise) working on a pilot outside. Poor guys are drowned rats from all the rain.

Dave