The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

vjbelle

My last day at the Tetons. This spot along with my previous 'reflection' post were very popular for both photographers and Birders. Dead Blue skies aren't easy to work with but at least there was no wind so reflections were possible.

Actus, Phase 3100, Schneider 72mm Digitar, 1.5 degrees tilt.

Attachments

vjbelle

Another image from the Tetons. This was near Jackson Lake very early in the morning with, of course, the dreaded dead Blue sky.... you get what you get. 2 shot pano 10mm left and right shift. Actus, Phase 3100, Schneider 180mm Digitar.

Attachments

dchew

Victor,
I'm jealous. You were in one of my favorite places. It's nice to see a full snow pack on the Tetons. I'm hoping that will bode well for some routes that have recently been non-existent, like the Black Ice Couloir.

Thanks for posting these despite the solid blue sky.

Ciao,
Dave

vjbelle

Thanks Dave..... some clouds on my first day but mostly dead clear sky,s since. I'm going to try to get back here in early October as the weather should be similar. The mornings are quite cool - down to the upper 20's but the day warms up quickly. Its one thing to shoot in the 30's but when it gets down to the 20's its difficult.

Cheers......

Victor

stngoldberg

Best muffins in Newport, Rhode Island.
I enjoyed a lemon muffin with a cup of coffee after taking this image
BTW, if you visit here, the Greek Salad pockets are amazingly delicious
Stanley

stngoldberg

I consider myself privileged to be the photographer for Touro Synagogue, the oldest Jewish house of worship In North America.
In 1790 George Washington visited Touro and sat in what is referred to "the chair for honored guests"
Attached find a three image stitch of the pew where Washington sat
Stanley

kimyeesan

Kitayamazaki北山崎
Woke up at 2am to catch the sunrise driving from Jodogahama. After taking 400 steps down to the viewing platform 2, the sun is a bit too bright for my liking... I guess it's always an excuse to come back here again....
While I was driving to the destination, I was confronted by a landscape stricken by the Tsunami 6 years ago...
It is such a beautiful place, and this beauty is so fragile that it really have me thinking about how insignificant our life are in the face of such catastrophe...

Fujifilm GFX 50s + Cambo Actus GFX + Rodenstock APO Rodagon 80mm f/4
6 image stitched.

Shashin

While I was driving to the destination, I was confronted by a landscape stricken by the Tsunami 6 years ago...
It is such a beautiful place, and this beauty is so fragile that it really have me thinking about how insignificant our life are in the face of such catastrophe...
That was such was such a horrific event. Naoya Hatakeyama, a Japanese landscape photographer, documented the destruction of his village in two books. I reviewed one of those books.

http://www.hakusancreation.com/resources/out-of-print/kesengawa-by-naoya-hatakeyama/

The hour long talk is worth seeing as well.

kimyeesan

Jōdogahama 浄土ヶ浜

In order to take a shot of these rock islets hugging the beach, one has to climb up a small hill infested with giant ants...

Fujifilm GFX 50s + Cambo Actus GFX + Rodenstock WA Rodagon 60mm f/4
3 Image Stitched