The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

Jamgolf

That looks an awful lot like Mt. Shuksan.

Very nice!

Dave
Good guess Dave :)

Not too much drama in the sky that evening but I preferred this capture over a couple others which had a little sunset color on the mountain as well as its reflection.

Jamgolf

Love the location (been there done that and the fields of heather) but this seems very green to me.
Graham, thanks for pointing out the obvious white balance issue :) - it is green indeed.

BTW - I envy you living in such a beautiful part of the country with so many photographic opportunities around you. I drove 6000 miles in 13 days and visited numerous locations. Many of them for the very first time. Conditions in the brief time I had at each location were not the best in terms of light or timing or plain luck, but I considered this a scouting trip to some extent. This location in North Cascades is a hackneyed location that has been shot to death, but day time conditions were harsh and I did not bother to even take a single photograph in the park. I dropped my family at the motel and drove back here in hopes of the pond getting a bit still and some color/clouds over Mt Shuksan. It wasn't meant to be. I'll have to use it as motivation to go back - hopefully when the hiking trails are also open.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Old Lahaina Pier, which partially collapsed in 1992 from hurricane Iniki. Gradually falling into the ocean.

Cambo Actus DB2 with IQ3 100, Rodenstock 70HR, 13 seconds/f/11, 6 stop ND

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
My version of Mystery Valley. I like this shot, but think I like Dave’s better. Guess I should have climbed up the hill a little further :)

rm3di/IQ3 100/Rodentock 40mm HR

MrSmith

recent shoot for a high end bespoke shoe client, more of an out-take really as i shot this for myself but the client really liked it, combo actus, SK 80mm digital A7RII

cleverley shoe duo 1.jpg

edit: jpeg to safari browser seems to have sucked the colour out a bit, it has a bit more saturation in the tiff than what i’m seeing here

Last edited:

TimG

Some icebergs from the lagoon in Iceland,

I had these to myself for about an hour, whilst about 100 people on the other side hadn't realised the ice had started washing out of the lagoon and onto the beach, it was quite funny watching this stampede of people rushing towards me with tripods, I was all relaxed and listening to Vangelis by myself - until the whole place was wrecked by selfie takers, :cry:

WRS 5000, Rodenstock 32 HR, IQ260, LEE SW150 0.9 hard, 10mm fall.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Stairs Gulch Falls, Big Cottonwood Canyon near Salt Lake.

Cambo Actus DB2/IQ3 100 back, Rodenstock 40mm HR, 10 sec at f/11, ISO 50. slight amount of tilt used to maintain focus.

ashandger

Some icebergs from the lagoon in Iceland,

I had these to myself for about an hour, whilst about 100 people on the other side hadn't realised the ice had started washing out of the lagoon and onto the beach, it was quite funny watching this stampede of people rushing towards me with tripods, I was all relaxed and listening to Vangelis by myself - until the whole place was wrecked by selfie takers, :cry:

WRS 5000, Rodenstock 32 HR, IQ260, LEE SW150 0.9 hard, 10mm fall.

Beautiful image. Love the composition and the processing.