The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

TimG

One from the Isle of Harris, down on the Saltmarshes at Leverburgh, midges were pretty terrible but I was happy with the result,

Phase one IQ260, Cambo WRS-5000 Rodenstock 32, Lee SW150 0.9 hard, 1.5 degrees front tilt

TimG

Another one from Harris, Luskentyre beach - which I think is one of the worlds best beaches, it is absolutely stunning in any weather.

I spent about 3 hours throwing this huge log into the waves, waiting for it to be washed up where I could photograph it, I almost put my shoulder out doing it :D

Cambo WRS-5000 IQ260, Schneider 72 APO-Digitar, Lee big stopper, 0.9 hard grad, 40 seconds. 2 degrees front-tilt, 10mm fall

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Another one from Harris, Luskentyre beach - which I think is one of the worlds best beaches, it is absolutely stunning in any weather.

I spent about 3 hours throwing this huge log into the waves, waiting for it to be washed up where I could photograph it, I almost put my shoulder out doing it :D

Cambo WRS-5000 IQ260, Schneider 72 APO-Digitar, Lee big stopper, 0.9 hard grad, 40 seconds. 2 degrees front-tilt, 10mm fall

Been there, done that, moved the log / leaves / even rocks, into the water to create an interesting composition. Shhhhhh....

Btw, I always figured that the members of the Meunch club of expansive foregrounds with beautful flowers and classic scenic backgrounds always carried their favorite bowl of flowers / sack of of incredible leaves with them. :p

PSon

My eldest brother said that when he gets out of the hospital he would like to make a trip to shoot landscape but he never made it. My remaining brothers, nephew and I decided to make the annual trip to the Southwest for him. Recently I was very inspired by Dave.gt. One of my brother shot this photo below and he would like to dedicate it to Dave.gt. They wish you well in good health.

dave.gt

My eldest brother said that when he gets out of the hospital he would like to make a trip to shoot landscape but he never made it. My remaining brothers, nephew and I decided to make the annual trip to the Southwest for him. Recently I was very inspired by Dave.gt. One of my brother shot this photo below and he would like to dedicate it to Dave.gt. They wish you well in good health.

Oh, my.....this is stunning!!! Words escape me... just as I was ending a very bad day, you have done something extraordinary. I appreciate it so very much! I will send you a PM.. a very heartfelt thank you to you and your brothers and nephew.:)

stngoldberg

Horse Barn Circa 1920..now part of the computer lab at Salve Regina University
three image stitch with 60mm Schneider lens(2 degrees tilt) on Arca Swiss rm3di with 100 megapixel P1 back

Stanley

stngoldberg

The acuity with a combination of the Schneider 60 at f8 along with the P1 100mp is unrivaled with the exception of the Rodie 32 which is also excellent IMHO.
Stanley

jng

Laupahoehoe Point, Big Island, Hawaii

IQ160_6252_C1-1.jpg

WRS1250 | 40HR | IQ160 | 2° tilt | 5 mm back rise | 10 stop ND | 50s | f/11

TimG

Been busy with work recently in Dublin, not managed to get out much - however made a quick trip up to giants causeway and back as the weather wasn't too bad, bit busy for my liking down there - but thought I'd give it a go, as I won't have another chance for a while, must have been a queue of 10+ other photographers behind me!

IQ260, Cambo WRS, Rodenstock 32,

algrove

I see many images taken with the 32mm, but 23 mm lenses must be few and far between. I am thinking of getting one, but would like to hear from anyone who might own and use a 23. Thanks.

Jamgolf

I see many images taken with the 32mm, but 23 mm lenses must be few and far between. I am thinking of getting one, but would like to hear from anyone who might own and use a 23. Thanks.
Since 23HR is a very specialized (ultra wide angle) lens compared to 40HR or 32HR, not to mention as expensive as the 32HR, I think most users don't see enough of a justification to own it. I bought it to cover some cases where 32HR is just not wide enough but admittedly I have not used it as much as I had thought I would. I still regard it as a tool that under the right circumstances can deliver a stellar image that would not be possible otherwise. Regardless it is one of the finest lenses Rodenstock has to offer.

TimG

I tried a 23mm, but it has limited movements on a full frame sensor and it's a bit wide for landscapes.

The 32 is very wide, but about as wide as I dare to go - any wider and I find that mountains and landmarks get turned into tiny dots on the horizon, I think the 23 is more of an architecture lens for shooting indoors, or perhaps cityscapes if you like skyscrapers and stuff,