The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

TimG

One from the racetrack in death valley under moonlight, amazing place - really enjoyed visiting it :)

IQ260, Rodenstock 32, ISO 140, F8, 20 seconds

Last edited:

TimG

Tim G
Nice shot
About how close to the rock could you get with the 32?
Hi, and thanks!

Pretty close, probably about just over a meter - I used about 1.5 degrees of tilt with my gitzo tripod with only the first section of legs extended, although getting perfectly sharp images was hard due to the wind,

stngoldberg

Hi, and thanks!

Pretty close, probably about just over a meter - I used about 1.5 degrees of tilt with my gitzo tripod with only the first section of legs extended, although getting perfectly sharp images was hard due to the wind,
Love your image
Please share the aperture, shutter speed and ISO you employed
Stanley

Pemihan

getting perfectly sharp images was hard due to the wind,
Amen to that! The first time I was there the wind was so fierce it was literally hard to stand up... I had planned on pitching my tent but ended up sleeping in the truck and woke up with ice on the inside of the windows!

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Hard to believe this thread is 6 years old. seems like only a year or two ago it started.

Anyway, recent trip to Jackson, had to do the Schwabacher Landing shot.

Cambo DB2, IQ3 100, Rodenstock 70HR. 1/3 second (ES) at f/16.

about 8 people lined up at this location (down around the corner from where the majority setup to shoot). Best angle obviously gone so I asked if I could shoot over a couple of others that were there. Camera is about 12" taller than me, but with Capture Pilot and using ES on the back, was easy to setup up and compose. A slight amount of shift so I could keep the camera level.

TimG

Went out to White Pocket in Arizona - one of my favourite places, looked nice under the moon!

Also bumped into an Elderly couple who attempted to get there in their Porsche Cayenne.... needless to say the got stuck in the sand and it took a bunch of us to get them out, thankfully it was a weekend with few people around.. I didn't like the idea of going back in a few weeks and finding two skeletons sat there!

stngoldberg

Wanted to see the focus fall off on my Phase One 100MP (I have the IQ1 version) with the Rodenstork 32mm.
This is a three image stitch maxed out left and right; and while I see some softness on the edges it seems acceptable. My lens is only about 4 feet from the Lobster Pots
What do you think?
Stanley

dchew

Spent last week in the Owens Valley with Jack Graham and Guy Tal. Both are great people, and Guy has done some brilliant work investigating what makes successful images. I don't know if he is a better photographer or writer, but he is certainly excellent at both.

Anyway, a few images. First the standard Alabama Hills shot of Mt Whitney. Two-image stitch 18mm each way, sk150/STC/3100:

sk60xl, bit of back fall:

One of my favorites from the trip, 60xl no movements:

Dave

TimG

Went to Death Valley again at the weekend, really love it - apart from the Black Widow spider I found in the toilet in the Dry camp at Eureka valley!

I climbed to the very top of the Eureka dunes with my tech camera kit, wasn't the easiest of climbs (sweats) but it was well worth it, I'd love to go back during a storm,

WRS 5000, IQ260, Rodie 32, 10mm fall, 1 degree front tilt, ISO 50

vjbelle

I take this image every trip to Pienza and have yet to print it. Maybe this time I'll actually print one of these. Its a little bit of a struggle to get to this location but worth it.

Schneider 120 Digitar, Phase 3100, Cambo DB+ 10mm rise.

Attachments

vjbelle

This is another image I have taken when at Pienza but no more. I was thrown out of my favorite spot by some guy who I think may have been dangerous. I was on private property/road and understand but this was all looked over every other visit..... I guess too many unwelcome visitors. This has been a favorite spot for many photographers. I wish I could have stayed a little longer but I have images from last year and the year before so nothing is lost. This is all processed pretty quickly so forgive any sloppy processing. Taken just at sunrise...... Schneider 180mm Digitar, Phase 3100, Cambo DB+ shifted 10mm left and right.

Victor

Attachments

dave.gt

This is another image I have taken when at Pienza but no more. I was thrown out of my favorite spot by some guy who I think may have been dangerous. I was on private property/road and understand but this was all looked over every other visit..... I guess too many unwelcome visitors. This has been a favorite spot for many photographers. I wish I could have stayed a little longer but I have images from last year and the year before so nothing is lost. This is all processed pretty quickly so forgive any sloppy processing. Taken just at sunrise...... Schneider 180mm Digitar, Phase 3100, Cambo DB+ shifted 10mm left and right.

Victor
Absolutely gorgeous!! Everything, composition, framing... a favorite for me!!!:):):)