The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

dave.gt

Stanley, I understand what you are saying, it is a different world. As I started out in the 60s, I can easily identify with the vintage Florida of the 50s...

Things I remember:

Quiet beaches.
Alligator Farms.
Roadside tourist traps.
Fishing off bridges/piers.
Restaurants with formica tabletops and booths.
St. Augustine old fort/Spanish moss/Fountain of Youth
Old Cape Canaveral
and much more...

It can be difficult trying to find the joys of our youth. If anyone can do it and do it justice, I am betting on you.:thumbup:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
You are bringing back memories ...

Moved to Largo/Clearwater in 1958.

Third house on the block as I remember.

No one on the beach ... at least in the winter.

Fished off piers/bridges/surfcasting a couple of times a week.

Day on the beach and the top opening cooler at the 7/11 with 6.5 oz Cokes with
frost on the bottle.

Used to run through the orange groves when we skipped school ...

Those were days seared in personality/not so conscious memory.

Probably explains why I look so old today.

Love the pics ... sort of a Eggleston sense about them.

Bob

vjbelle

I have posted this previously as a single shot with rise. I decided to shoot this again the next day.... same lens but portrait orientation with 10 degrees pan left and right with a straight on shot stitched in PTGUI. A very different view..... Ortisei is on the left.

Phase 3100, Schneider 60mm Digitar, Actus DB+ with 8mm rise.

Victor

Attachments

Pemihan

Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument, Utah, 2015
At Last Chance Creek, The Burning Hills in the background.
Cambo WRS, IQ160, 40HR.

sc_john

Trying to learn luminosity masking... Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge, Charleston, SC.

IQ3100, Cambo AE with Rodenstock 40mm f/4 HR. Exposure time = 2 min.

John

sc_john

Very well done, John!

Quite impressive perspective, imo!:):):)
Dave,

Thank you for your kind comments. Luckily for photographers (and fishermen), there is a public park with a pier right next to the bridge so the perspective is easy to achieve.

John

Geoff

Dolomites, stitched, 60mm Schneider, Credo 60. Too late for the sun by a few minutes, managed to tuck it behind a mountain instead...

Dolomites CF004857 AA.jpg

dave.gt

Thank you E.J. Yes it is very tragic, I really hope that Trump will loose this battle big time, but fear the worst!
Peter,

Before joining this forum, I had never heard of the Grand Staircase. Now, I am enamored by the majesty of such beauty. Who knows what shall become of the treasures this world has to offer? It is the work of landscape photographers like we see on this forum that inspires us all to appreciate nature and the wonders around us. I thank you for all of your hard work and for all the images posted here by others.

My personal wish is that you keep on photographing and posting!:)

Last edited:

ndwgolf

Hi
I have just spent the last hour looking at some of the pictures in this thread and I am in awe.

So I have a question. At home I have and shoot a 8x10 Chamonix......which is my thinking of a technical camera. I am in the process of buying a H6D100c and stumbled across this thread and find that you also calling this a technical camera thread but you are shooting it with a digital back..........how is that possible. Are you saying that you have movements the same as a Chamonix 8x10 or am I confused.....I think I am confused.
Please can someone take five minutes in trying to explain to me about a digital technical camera or send me a link to it so that I can try and figure it out for myself?
I am reading things like Cambo WRS and Rodie 32 and haven't got a clue what this jargon means but I want to take pictures like this :)

Neil