The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

drunkenspyder

Nothing special. Its been a gloomy day, so just messing around with the 23HR around the house.
Wondering if I should just hang on to it, even though I have used it far less than I originally thought.
Keep it! It’s just such a great perspective. And the clarity is superb. I like the extreme perspective of the Canon TS17 on my Cambo, but I find I like the color and detail more of the 23 (and the 32).

algrove

Keep it! It’s just such a great perspective. And the clarity is superb. I like the extreme perspective of the Canon TS17 on my Cambo, but I find I like the color and detail more of the 23 (and the 32).
Too bad it only shifts 2mm each way on the Alpa STC.

Jamgolf

Yeah - I might just do that :)
It is a great piece of glass indeed.

drunkenspyder

True, only 2mm of clean shifts with a 54x40 sensor (far more on 44x33).
But its nice to atleast have 2mm. Sometimes even 2mm can make a difference :)
No argument about the minimal shift. I view this as a “first world photographer’s problem.” The reason I own the 23 is so I can make long exposures without needing to shift. For me, it’s darn near perfect for that purpose. And its realism is significantly greater than other choices [e.g., the Canon TS17]

danlindberg

Thanks Algrove, it is the signature mountain in Marbella, Spain, where I live. This particular 'top' is called La Concha and is part of the Sierra Blanca range in the Sierra Las Nieves national park. It is one of those mountains that changes quite dramatically in character depending on light and season. I've been on the very top several times :toocool:

Pemihan

From yesterdays morning walk.
Cambo WRS, IQ3100 Achromatic, 40HR - two images stitched and cropped to 4x5

sc_john

More from The Boneyard, Bulls Island, SC. All images IQ3100, Cambo AE, Rodenstock HR Digaron-W 40mm.

Overview of relatively orderly section of the beach

Still standing...

Thanks for looking.

John

stngoldberg

My pursuit to photograph south Florida as it was in the 1950’s
Here is the Delray Beach pavilion
Stanley

Last edited:

drunkenspyder

Dawn on the Mokelumne River. One of those "sure seemed like a prettier picture when I was there" prospects. But I suspect that is the compositionally-challenged photographer's doing. Beautiful, but chilly morning.

Cambo 1600 | Rodie 32mm | Trichro Back | f/16| 2m | ISO35

Last edited:

dchew

Had a fun day yesterday. After a few weeks of subzero temperatures, it warmed into the 40's (F). Could still walk on the reservoir but it was melting fast (couldn't do this today).

Fog was intense at times.

Dave

60xl, no shift

60xl with tilt

sk150, 2-image stitch 18mm each way

Last edited:

Pemihan

Eastern part of Jutland, south of Aarhus, Denmark. During most of the Stone Age this fjord was mainly dry land and many archaeological sites can be found under the water. Often you can find artifacts washed up along the coastline. I found a small flint tool just next to where this image was shot.
Cambo WRS, IQ3100 Achromatic, 40HR