The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

drunkenspyder

Cool image!:):):) thanks for posting!

What are you doing at the Ocmulgee River? Not many people know about it... what town is this location near?
Thanks Dave. This was in Macon, not far from the Coliseum. My father is retired from Mercer U. there, and I visited to celebrate his birthday. I went to school there ages ago and also worked at the Indian Mounds park.

dave.gt

Thanks Dave. This was in Macon, not far from the Coliseum. My father is retired from Mercer U. there, and I visited to celebrate his birthday. I went to school there ages ago and also worked at the Indian Mounds park.
Hey, we are only an an hour drive from Macon! It would great to meet up with you when it is convenient!:):):)

drunkenspyder

Give me a shout!

I must say that moving train across the bridge is brilliant!:):):)
I will do that, and thanks again. I got lucky with the train, both as to timing and the fact that the locomotive was followed by several flatbed cars, creating a better blur than boxcars would have.

drunkenspyder

Alligator and turtles in the wetlands at Ocmulgee National Monument. Two shots from significantly different distances and perspectives. I did not plan on wildlife shooting, and the Cambo plus Superachromat 250 is not what I would have taken if that was my goal. Still, we shoot what we get, no?

Cambo 1600 | Trichro back | Superachromat 250 | f/5.6 | ISO 50 | 1/80

Cambo 1600 | Trichro back | Superachromat 250 | f/5.6 | ISO 35 | .3

algrove

STC/HR40/"old" IQ3100 5 tilt, f22, single shot. First try at tilting since having my 40 and 70 converted to SB.

I have not been back to this place in about 7-8 years even though I have been near it several times. It is the old Eureka Mine in Death Valley. There is now a new access road into the place which makes the hike almost nothing. The old rusted and gun shot up sedan (maybe an old Buick) is around the corner to the right from the mine entrance.

algrove

A well known location and my first try with my STC/S-K 150/"old" IQ3100 in heavy winds 25-35 mph.

Uncropped at this point.

drunkenspyder

After two nights of spectacular sunsets during which I could not get out to shoot, I finally got away and got rewarded by iron gray skies, rain showers, and almost no light. Still, a little broke through above this railway trestle. Probably should have had the 23 for this shot.

Cambo 1600 | Trichro | Rodie 32 | f/11 | 13s | ISO 35

algrove

A seldom seen occurence occured in the Mojave Desert for a sunrise shoot. Arrived and the ground and Joshua Trees were covered with fresh snow. In addition I have never seen such a large and thriving Joshua Tree which looked as high as a mature oak tree to me.

STC/HR40/"old" IQ3100

Last edited:

algrove

I found these reflections very different and that's what drew me to the shot.

STC | HR40 | "old" IQ3100 | B&W convert at Convict Lake. Sure is a nice place for convicts.:grin:

Kinya28

Happy Easter to all !

Calla Lily, Big Sur, California
This is an only spring flower image I captured in this year, so far.

Kinya

Cambo1600, 40HR, IQ100, 5x Focus stack

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Kinya - nice job finding a decent view of the Calas.

I probably would have spent 20 minutes getting the tilt perfect and afterwards realized that my tech cam establishing shot with zero or 1.5 degrees tilt on the 40hr nailed it perfectly anyway.

:facesmack:

Last edited: