The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

dchew

Experimenting with the Zeiss 250 SA this morning.

The usual suspects:

Dave

Last edited:

drunkenspyder

IQ3-100 Trichromatic, Arca Rm3di, 23mm Rodie, stitched.

Very nice image Art. Do you recall your shutter speed, and what did you use for stitching? I have had less than satisfactory results trying to stitch slow shutter images with the 23 and both Lightroom and Autopano Giga.

awolf

Very nice image Art. Do you recall your shutter speed, and what did you use for stitching? I have had less than satisfactory results trying to stitch slow shutter images with the 23 and both Lightroom and Autopano Giga.
Thank you. SS ~3-4 min. I stitch manually, in PS. It does require careful setup (CF, LCC, SS adj, level etc.), and some manipulation in PS.

Kinya28

North Table Mountain Ecological Reserve 2018 #1

I finally found a place with full of wild flowers in 2018. :eek:

Kinya

WRS1600, IQ3100, HR40

Kinya28

North Table Mountain Ecological Reserve 2018 #2

Found this composition earlier time of the day and back after sunset and took this shot. Fortunate to have a beautiful post sunset sky.

Kinya

WRS1600, IQ3100, SK120

Kinya28

North Table Mountain Ecological Reserve 2018 #3

Yellow flower patch along stream.

Kinya

WRS1600, IQ3100, HR70

dchew

A few from yesterday's short hike at Red Rocks

Both with the 90hr-sw

Dave

Last edited:

Kinya28

North Table Mountain Ecological Reserve 2018 #4

Same location with portrait compassion. I originally liked landscape compassion (#1) but I changed my mind when I reprocessed. I now like portrait composition may be because of more balanced S curve in the image.

Kinya

WRS1600, IQ3100, HR70

Kinya28

North Table Mountain Ecological Reserve 2018 #5

Found a nice patch of Lupine field under oak tree, quickly set up and captured with the last moment of direct light on the ground.

Kinya

WRS1600, IQ3100, HR40

Kinya28

Dogwood over Merced river, Yosemite NP, CA

Visited Yosemite in the last weekend. Dogwood blooming almost peak but lesser flower than my past experiences. Especially flowers at low level, close to river level, has been washed and it was difficult to find a composition than usual. It was truly beautiful, nevertheless.
This is my first trial with Carl Zeiss Sonnar 250mm CF lens. I am very happy with sharpness and focus length added in my WRS1600. Really appreciate the information I received about this lens during Capture Integration Workshop at Carmel in last March.

Kinya

IQ3100/ Cambo WRS1600/ CZ Sonnar 250mm CF

drunkenspyder

Dogwood over Merced river, Yosemite NP, CA

Visited Yosemite in the last weekend. Dogwood blooming almost peak but lesser flower than my past experiences. Especially flowers at low level, close to river level, has been washed and it was difficult to find a composition than usual. It was truly beautiful, nevertheless.
This is my first trial with Carl Zeiss Sonnar 250mm CF lens. I am very happy with sharpness and focus length added in my WRS1600. Really appreciate the information I received about this lens during Capture Integration Workshop at Carmel in last March.

Kinya
IQ3100/ Cambo WRS1600/ CZ Sonnar 250mm CF
Nice shot. Agreed on the 250 length with the Cambo. I have the Superachromat for mine, and have been very pleased with it. Where did you get your lens board? I have been pleased with the one I secured from the fellow located in Korea thanks to the recommendation received here. I also have the 350, but it is so much bigger, I rarely carry it.

Kinya28

Nice shot. Agreed on the 250 length with the Cambo. I have the Superachromat for mine, and have been very pleased with it. Where did you get your lens board? I have been pleased with the one I secured from the fellow located in Korea thanks to the recommendation received here. I also have the 350, but it is so much bigger, I rarely carry it.
Thank your for your comment. I purchased board at eBay from Korea, based on the recommendation through this site. It worked fine. I have a question, I carry this lens with board attached, and wondering how I should cover (cap) rear end of the board. It would be great if anybody have a solution.

Kinya

drunkenspyder

Thank your for your comment. I purchased board at eBay from Korea, based on the recommendation through this site. It worked fine. I have a question, I carry this lens with board attached, and wondering how I should cover (cap) rear end of the board. It would be great if anybody have a solution.

Kinya
Got mine same place I think. I use snug-fitting lens hoods for that purpose. Made of that neoprene type material, Optech makes some, but there are cheaper ones.