The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

Jamgolf

So Jamgolf where were these taken? Thanks.
This is close to Silverton in Colorado.
A 9 mile roundtrip hike with 2600 ft elevation gain - so a bit of a workout for an out of shape guy like me.
But still worth it :)

Next one also in the same area with an 8 mile roundtrip hike and 2500 ft elevation gain. About 1300 ft in the first 1.1 mile.
That one was quite a challenge as well and I felt like I was going to pass out - but I thought of the beautiful sight ahead and hauled myself and my gear up there.
And I am glad I did.

Pemihan

Storm approaching, shot from my porch, two minutes later the wind came howling almost knocking the tripod over and then the rain came. Even though it rained pretty hard it didn't make much difference as it hasn't rained here in four months so it was like a drop in a bucket.

Cambo WRS, IQ3 Achro, SK 120 Aspheric.

retcheto

I'm not sure if a view camera counts here? I don't understand the difference so hopefully this is close enough. Anyways this is an X1D with a Cambo Actus and a Rodenstock APO-Sironar-digital 55mm, taken on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. 2 minute exposure

retcheto

X1D, Cambo Actus, Rodenstock 90mm APO-Sironar-digital. 4 minute exposure approximately, taken on the coast in Washington State

Stacks Water Path.jpg

beano_z

Another one from last night, unfortunate about the bland sky though....

I had to use the Rodie 23mm shifted up 3mm on the IQ3100 just to be able to fit in the building (the bottle opener) on the left in the frame.

I'm still amazed every time I use the tech cam and the Rodie lenses, at full resolution, the details even in the corners are just amazing, I really wish I have the additional space on my wall to hang another large print! :grin:

Shanghai Pudong CBD Sunset
by BB, on Flickr

HiggsSinglet

I had to use the Rodie 23mm shifted up 3mm on the IQ3100 just to be able to fit in the building (the bottle opener) on the left in the frame.

I'm still amazed every time I use the tech cam and the Rodie lenses, at full resolution, the details even in the corners are just amazing, I really wish I have the additional space on my wall to hang another large print! :grin:

Shanghai Pudong CBD Sunset
by BB, on Flickr
Like who says "Just Build A Wall"

drunkenspyder

Not sure I would call the sky “bland” here, and whatever one calls it, I think the sky is an appropriate backdrop to a nice shot. Shooting with these lenses and backs is a lot of fun.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Abandoned wooden pier, Penang, Malaysia

Visiting my favorite place, Penang Malaysia and captured my favorite abandoned wooden pier next to rural fishing village. I waited and captured at sunset but I like this blue version, under tropical cloud, over pink, sunset version.

Kinya

IQ3100/ Cambo WRS1600/ HR40mm/ 10X ND 30 sec. exposure
Simple but very effective composition!

Pemihan

Grand Staircase-Escalante NM, Utah, 2012.
Cambo WRS, Leaf Aptus-II 5, SK35XL.

Same location shot a few minutes later, cropped to 16/10
Same gear.

Pemihan

Toroweap Overlook, Grand Canyon, AZ, 2012.
For scale the river is 3000 feet below.

Both images: Cambo WRS, Leaf Aptus-II 5, SK35XL - two images stitched and cropped to 4x5.

Dusk

Dawn

Pemihan

Vulcan's Throne, Grand Canyon, AZ, 2012.
Cambo WRS, Leaf Aptus-II 5, SK35XL - four images stitched and cropped to 16x9.

stngoldberg

Yesterday a member of this forum was asking to buy a Schneider 120mm ASPH lens. I have the N model mounted for an Arca Swiss rm3di. The poster was seeking the M model (M equates to Macro).
I mounted my lens with its rear extender on my P1 back this morning to check out how good this lens is as I had only used it once
This is a three shot stitch..max shift
Acuity= excellent
Contrast- excellent
Image circle- excellent
Depth of field- excellent
I tend to visualize images using a wide to normal lens, but now I’m going to have difficulty taking this lens off my camera...it’s so good!
Stanley

Geoff

Toroweap Overlook, Grand Canyon, AZ, 2012.
For scale the river is 3000 feet below.

Both images: Cambo WRS, Leaf Aptus-II 5, SK35XL - two images stitched and cropped to 4x5.

Dusk

Dawn

These are lovely. Was there any shifting vertically? I ask because the 35 is generally thought to be limited that way, although with the bigger pixel back, maybe it was fine.

Pemihan

These are lovely. Was there any shifting vertically? I ask because the 35 is generally thought to be limited that way, although with the bigger pixel back, maybe it was fine.
Thank you very much.
Both images are two horizontal shots shifted vertically. The Leaf Aptus-II 5 has a 36 x 48mm 22 MP sensor so there's more room for shifts than on the 40 x 54mm backs.