The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

DougDolde

When I had a tech cam. Cambo with IQ140. Pretty sure I shot both of these with the Schneider
43mm Digitar but could be the 28mm. Monument Valley dawn from my balcony at The View Hotel

PANO-32.jpg

PANO-31.jpg

COLOR-69.jpg

Kinya28

Southwest Road trip image #8

Dusk shot from Canyon Overlook Point at Zion. Car light trails are as planned but reflection of Pine Creek and yellow cotton trees along creeks are unexpected bonus.

Multi exposures for car light trails.

IQ3100
Cambo WRS1600
Rodenstock HR40mm

Kinya

Attachments

Pemihan

La Abra Plain near the Mexico-US border, Arizona, 2015.
Cambo WRS, IQ160, 40HR.

Last edited:

Kinya28

Southwest Road trip image #9

Lone corkscrew tree and milky way, Zion National Park

I don't usually shoot much of star photography but I had couple chances during my trip to South West in last November.
One of advantages using Canon TS-E lenses over Ultra wide lens for Technical camera (i.e. Rodie HR23 f5.6, I hope I can get it someday) is a speed. One full stop (f4-17mm) or stop an half (f3.5-24mm) faster lens help capturing stars with relatively lower ISO (6400 in here)/faster shutter speed (15 sec in here) to avoid star trails yet capturing tons of starts.

IQ3100
Cambo WRS1600
Canon 17mm TS-E

Attachments

Last edited:

tcdeveau

Wow great image Kinya. I like how andromeda is framed above the tree.

Was that image using the eshutter of the 3100?

Kinya28

Southwest Road trip image #11

My first visit to Peek-a-Boo Slot Canyon, Grand Staircase-Escalante, Utah.
A happy place to have an option of ultra wide-angle lens.

IQ3100
Cambo WRS1600
Canon TS-E 24mm via CamboWRS-CanonEF adapter

Attachments

Craig Stocks

Southwest Road trip image #9

Lone corkscrew tree and milky way, Zion National Park

I don't usually shoot much of star photography but I had couple chances during my trip to South West in last November.
One of advantages using Canon TS-E lenses over Ultra wide lens for Technical camera (i.e. Rodie HR23 f5.6, I hope I can get it someday) is a speed. One full stop (f4-17mm) or stop an half (f3.5-24mm) faster lens help capturing stars with relatively lower ISO (6400 in here)/faster shutter speed (15 sec in here) to avoid star trails yet capturing tons of starts.

IQ3100
Cambo WRS1600
Canon 17mm TS-E
I have the Cambo setup with a Canon 24 TS-E but haven’t tried it for night sky yet. How does the 17 compare, especially coma and astigmatism in the corners?

Kinya28

I have the Cambo setup with a Canon 24 TS-E but haven’t tried it for night sky yet. How does the 17 compare, especially coma and astigmatism in the corners?
I haven't made side by side comparison between 24mm and 17mm but I was reasonably happy with both. As you mentioned not as sharp as HR32/40/70 but made me happy to capture ultra wide-angle shots. Coma is visible at the corner of 17mm and I cropped to somewhere around 20mm range for most of my images. Still can get super wide view compare to any other options for Tech Camera.

Kinya

Kinya28

Southwest Road trip image #12

Peek-a-Boo Slot Canyon, Grand Staircase-Escalante, Utah.
This part of canyon was very narrow (~20" or 50cm) and twisted, I needed my fellow photographer to pass down my gears from above. As you can see a footprint at canyon floor, it is barely wide enough to place a single foot.

I was very happy to have Canon TS-E 17mm via Cambo-Canon adapter, I couldn't capture this image without it.

IQ3100
Cambo WRS1600
Canon TS-E 17 mm via Cambo WRS-Canon EF adapter

Attachments

Kinya28

Southwest Road trip image #13

Sunrise at Badlands, Grand Staircase-Escalante, Utah.
My first visit to Badlands and fascinated by unique beauty. I only stayed at one morning at here and need to return.

IQ3100
Cambo WRS1600
Rodenstock HR40mm

Attachments

Pemihan

Wonderful image Kinya. I don't recognize this angle, may I ask where is the shot from?

I love those badlands. Have spent a lot of time there, been coming there about two times a year through the past nine years. Grand Staircase is one of my favorite places.
Most of the badlands is sadly removed from the Monument by the Trump administration so it is now open for mining and off road vehicles.
First time I was there was in 2009 and then it was pristine but during the course of the years it has deteriorated a lot mainly due to tourist walking all over to take selfies and whatnot especially near the roads. But the backcountry is still pretty much untouched. I mostly walk in the washes in order to not leave footprints that will stay there for years.

This image was shot in 2013 I think. Don't have the info on my laptop.

Cambo WRS
Leaf Aptus-II 7
Sk35XL
(Two vertical shots, stitched and slightly cropped.)

The behind the scene image can be seen here

Last edited:

Kinya28

Wonderful image Kinya. I don't recognize this angle, may I ask where is the shot from?

Peter,

Thank you for your comment.
Please see the location info in below. Drove in via Coal Mine Road and only a few hundreds yards away from parking spot.

Kinya

Attachments

Kinya28

Southwest Road trip image #13

White Pocket, Arizona
Arrived here after sunset and stayed only a few hours after an hour and half rough terrain 4x4 required drive.
Luckily, the moon (3rd day) was setting as aligned with the Milky Way, I heard it only happens several nights a year.
Another must return location to capture more.

Kinya

IQ3100
Cambo WRS1600

Attachments

Pemihan

Peter,

Thank you for your comment.
Please see the location info in below. Drove in via Coal Mine Road and only a few hundreds yards away from parking spot.

Kinya
Thank you Kinya :salute:

Kinya28

Southwest Road trip image #14

Another star and moon image from Other Worldly White Pocket, Arizona

Kinya

IQ3100
Cambo WRS1600

Attachments