The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

4*Paul

This is what I mean about the birds. I gave up after a while.

Dave

The "birds" appear in a couple of places on my image Dave and look quite similar to yours as you can see on the enlarged areas below.
I did see quite a few flocks of gulls over the sea but never as many as appear here - and I can't imagine any sane bird flying half way up a mountain in a February storm!
I'm beginning to wonder if it is wind blown ash or similar which gives the impression of being further away than it actually is.
Maybe one the Iceland regulars can shed some light on this - if you can pardon the pun :rolleyes:

Iceland spots.jpg

4*Paul

Dave
Here are two small sections of my photograph showing similar "birds" over the mountain and the sea.
I saw quite a few flocks of gulls around the shoreline during my stay but never as many as the appear here. And I find it difficult to believe that any sane bird would be half way up a mountain in a February storm!
I'm beginning to wonder if is not birds at all wind borne particles of ash or something. Maybe one of the Iceland regulars can shed light on this. If you will pardon the pun :D
Paul

Attachments

Kinya28

February 2019 Asia Trip #1

Traveling Asia and captured a bit deep side of Hong Kong since weather isn't good for grand vista.
My third visit to this photogenic location but my first with Tech Camera. Make me feel good to see a super detailed image on my screen.

Kinya

PhaseOne IQ3/Cambo WRS1600/ Rodenstock HR40

Attachments

stevenfr

Well done Kinya

February 2019 Asia Trip #1

Traveling Asia and captured a bit deep side of Hong Kong since weather isn't good for grand vista.
My third visit to this photogenic location but my first with Tech Camera. Make me feel good to see a super detailed image on my screen.

Kinya

PhaseOne IQ3/Cambo WRS1600/ Rodenstock HR40

dchew

Dave
Here are two small sections of my photograph showing similar "birds" over the mountain and the sea.
I saw quite a few flocks of gulls around the shoreline during my stay but never as many as the appear here. And I find it difficult to believe that any sane bird would be half way up a mountain in a February storm!
I'm beginning to wonder if is not birds at all wind borne particles of ash or something. Maybe one of the Iceland regulars can shed light on this. If you will pardon the pun :D
Paul
Well, either you are right or birds have a heck of a feeding frenzy around that mountain!

Dave

Pemihan

Dave
Paul

Come on guys, admit it - you were to lazy to clean your sensor :grin::grin::facesmack::facesmack::bugeyes::bugeyes:

dchew

Come on guys, admit it - you were to lazy to clean your sensor :grin::grin::facesmack::facesmack::bugeyes::bugeyes:
Huh? Isn't "Clean Your Sensor" just another phrase for "It's Time to Upgrade" in Dante's World??

That was my IQ180. It was indeed, um, enhanced by the environment. Especially on that trip!

Dave

Kinya28

February 2019 Asia Trip #2

Stacked Housing at Quarry Bay Hong Kong. Same location as previously uploaded image. Same straight up composition as my previous 2 visits but never tired of capturing aesthetically striking colorful tapestry like architecture at here.
The widest lens I brought (32mm) was barely wide enough to capture its beauty, wished I have wider lens.

I only brought my Arca Swiss L60 Leveler with me and needed to place my camera on the ground to get a straight up composition.

Kinya

PhaseOne IQ3/Cambo WRS1600/ Rodenstock HR32

Attachments

Kinya28

February Asia Trip #3

Public Aprtment near Mong Kok, Hong Kong

Puddle of water after rain, Symmetric architecture, Green color painted doors and rails, Greenish fluorescent lights, Orange street lights, Hanging clothes or sign of life, and Arch shaped playground equipment at center. It was fortunate to have combination of all above when I visited here.

I placed my WRS1600 on the ground, in the puddle of water, to get the best composition. Size of puddle is not larger than 3' or 90cm for this image.

Kinya

IQ3100/ Cambo WRS1600/ HR40

Attachments

Last edited:

Kinya28

February Asia Trip #4

Public Apartment near Mong Kok, Hong Kong

I preferred previous straight symmetrical image while I was capturing but this image became my favorite after processed. I think out of focus orange dots at bottom provide depth and feel of transparency. That is totally unintended bonus. These orange dots are small debris floating at close range of camera.

Kinya

IQ3100/ Cambo WRS1600/ HR32

Attachments

Kinya28

February Asia Trip #5

Red roof micro bus, Mong Kok, Hong Kong

Encountered this scene on the way walk back to Mong Kok MRT station from apartment I uploaded previously.
Captured many images with various shutter speeds and combination of bus locations. I picked this image as my favorite, most of bus stopped except one, with 2 sec. shutter speed.

Kinya

IQ3100/ Cambo WRS1600/ SK150

Attachments

onasj

Storm clouds brewing over Red Rock Canyon, outside of Las Vegas. These were the clouds that dumped a tiny bit of snow on Vegas recently, making national news (rolls eyes) :)

Alpa 12 TC, Rodi 50 HR, hand-held, stitched from two side-by-side images, cropped.

Red Rock Visitor Center pano-cropped-tiny.jpg

drunkenspyder

February Asia Trip #5

Red roof micro bus, Mong Kok, Hong Kong

Encountered this scene on the way walk back to Mong Kok MRT station from apartment I uploaded previously.
Captured many images with various shutter speeds and combination of bus locations. I picked this image as my favorite, most of bus stopped except one, with 2 sec. shutter speed.

Kinya

IQ3100/ Cambo WRS1600/ SK150
Love the vibrance of this Kinya!

Kinya28

February Asia Trip #6

LED flooded Kek Lok Si temple, Penang, Malaysia

Visited here with the image I captured in the past in mind. Lunar New Year lantern decoration was very authentic with just incandescent lights 15 years ago. Hanging Lanterns are still nicely aligned against white Pagoda but, unfortunately, colorful LED technology completely changed a mood of this composition.

Can't complaint efficient and safe eco-technology much but I wish they just use incandescent color LED to keep their wonderful atmosphere showed in the past.

Kinya

IQ3100/ Cambo WRS1600/ HR32

Attachments