The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

kimyeesan

Kerry Center + Yan-An Elevated Highway
Alpa 12 PLUS + Schneider Kreuznach Apo-Helvetar 5.6/120 mm asph
PhaseOne IQ4 150
3 Image Stitched

Kinya28

June 2019 Kyushu Japan Trip #3
Nabega-taki or Nabega fall (鍋ヶ滝)#3

Happy 4th of July to all members!

Another image of Nabega-fall, from backside. Again very photogenic waterfall from every angle.

Kinya

IQ4150/Cambo-WRS1600/HR40mm

Attachments

Kinya28

June 2019 Kyushu Japan Trip #4
Nabega-taki or Nabega fall (鍋ヶ滝)#4

4th and the last image of Nabega-fall, taken after the sun started hitting the falling water.

Kinya

IQ4150/Cambo-WRS1600/HR70mm/Cropped to vertical pano

Attachments

Kinya28

June 2019 Kyushu Japan Trip #5
Manaino-Falls (真名井の滝), Takachiho-gorge(高千穂峡), Miyazaki(宮崎)

This is one of very popular tourist spot in Japan. I wanted to visit and observe this beautiful scene long time and finally made it.
This is something like Tunnel View in Yosemite, most of images are with similar composition and taken from paved trekking platform. But it still make me feel good to capture my own image at this super photogenic location.

Kinya

IQ4150/Cambo-WRS1600/SK120mm/Vertically shifted and merged

Attachments

Kinya28

June 2019 Kyushu Japan Trip #6
Amano Yasugawata (天安河原)in Amano Iwato Shrine (天岩戸神社) Takachiho(高千穂), Miyazaki(宮崎)

Takachiho is known as a "Power Spot" which radiates spiritual energy, so to believe. Among many shrines in Takachiho, Amano Iwato Shrine is called as the best spot to get a spiritual experience.

No LCC required for 12mm shift with HR32mm :)

Kinya

IQ4150/Cambo-WRS1600/HR32mm/Horizontally shifted and merged

Attachments

Kinya28

June 2019 Kyushu Japan Trip #7
Kikuchi-Gorge (菊池渓谷), Kumamoto (熊本), Japan (日本)

Water level was unusually low and I could stand in the middle of the river without my feet wet, and I was lucky to have light-beam in the morning I visited.

This is the last image from my trip to Kyushu Japan in last month.

It was my first short 3 days visit to Kyushu and I found it was very photogenic and food here was extraordinary with very reasonable price. I will visit again for sure. Also it was my first trip with IQ4150, overall, I was happy especially with super genrous shift capability. I will try frame averaging capability in next trip, hope I don't forget to reset to 16bits every time I turn on IQ4150. I have a feeling I will forget....

Kinya

IQ4150/Cambo-WRS1600/HR70mm/Focus Stacked

Attachments

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Kinya,

I congratulate you. It's very difficult to get an authentic feeling of sunlight filtering through trees. Beautiful!

Matt

dchew

From February. Warm the day before, but cold enough over night. 35xl, 5-10mm back fall.

Also, before I post this for free in the Buy/Sell forum, I have an Alpa sync cord for pre-IQ4 backs. PM me if anyone wants it. This does not include the sync switch, since I can still use that. Just the type II cord.
EDIT: Cable found a new home!

Dave

Last edited:

dchew

Here in Ohio we like to be clear about our dates; just to avoid any possible confusion.

60xl, IQ4 150 / Alpa STC. 12mm back fall

No LCC. :)

Dave

dchew

60xl, IQ4 150 / Alpa STC. 12mm back fall

No LCC. :)

Dave

Sorry, but what does this mean? Are you using the tilt adapter on the rear of the STC between STC and IQ4? Is the back in a vertical position?
STC movement oriented vertically, lowered the back 12 mm to get the top of the building in the frame. Camera square with the building, no tilt.

It was more of a test subject; not particularly artistic.
:eek:

Dave

Kinya28

Sierra trip, July 2019
Mono Lake #1

Horizontally shifted and stitched.
My first image with Frame averaging (30 sec)

IQ4-150, Cambo-WRS 1600, Rodie HR70mm, f11-Focus stacked, DB (back) rise ~5mm, Horizontally shifted ~12mm and stitched, Frame Averaging 30 sec.

Kinya

Attachments

Last edited:

dchew

My wife's first job was an intern delivering the mail in this building. Her father spent 30+ years in the bowels of film packaging.

sk90/IQ4 150/STC, 15mm back fall, f/11 1 sec. Taken this morning.

Dave

Shashin

Wow, that is a blast from the past. I went to RIT in the 80s when Kodak was the leader in all things imaging (and a huge supporter of our photo and photo science program). I cannot image what the city is like today.

dchew

Wow, that is a blast from the past. I went to RIT in the 80s when Kodak was the leader in all things imaging (and a huge supporter of our photo and photo science program). I cannot image what the city is like today.
Carrie was at RIT at the same time but in the packaging science department. It’s hard to label Rochester with one story. Kodak, Xerox and Bausch&Lomb brought huge hits, and in many areas the infrastructure shows its age. Not to mention the ferry to/from Toronto that opened right before 9/11; talk about bad timing. There is an ominous, “Welcome to the United States” in dramatic letters down at Charlotte.

On the other hand, Wegman’s is doing fantastic along with Paychex and others. They have become the employers and sustaining force. Given all the change there, it’s a city I root for and follow with interest.

Dave