The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

tsjanik

My wife's first job was an intern delivering the mail in this building. Her father spent 30+ years in the bowels of film packaging.

sk90/IQ4 150/STC, 15mm back fall, f/11 1 sec. Taken this morning.

Dave
Nice Dave, but a bittersweet image for people in western NY and anyone who enjoyed the remarkable research Kodak did. I'm glad however that this is not one of the buildings Kodak destroyed; perhaps it will someday once again be the source of something wonderful. Given the remarkable transformations in Buffalo, Rochester can't be far behind
I see MCC must have added a new campus.

Tom

algrove

Sierra trip, July 2019
Mono Lake #2

Taken about 30 min after my previous upload.

IQ4-150, Cambo-WRS 1600, Rodie HR40mm, f11-Focus stacked, DB (back) rise ~10mm, Frame Averaging 30 sec.

Kinya

Sounds like a lot of work for one final image.

Kinya28

Sierra trip, July 2019
Upper Cathedral Lake #1

I hiked up to Upper Cathedral Lake along John Muir Trail in Yosemite NP and camped couple nights with my son. Only 5 miles hike from trailhead but it was calm and beautiful, we didn't see any other tent, we only encountered a few hikers during our stay. My son enjoyed fishing and I enjoyed photography. You can see my son sitting and fishing on the rock in at right side of the lake. (See in cropped image)

IQ4-150, Cambo-WRS 1600, Rodie HR40mm, f8, DB (back) rise ~10mm, Frame Averaging 30 sec.

Kinya

Attachments

vjbelle

Sierra trip, July 2019
Mono Lake #1

Horizontally shifted and stitched.
My first image with Frame averaging (30 sec)

IQ4-150, Cambo-WRS 1600, Rodie HR70mm, f11-Focus stacked, DB (back) rise ~5mm, Horizontally shifted ~12mm and stitched, Frame Averaging 30 sec.

Kinya
Kinya.... that's a lot of time spent on this image. Each stack image requires a 30 second exposure that has to be doubled for shifting. I'm surprised that the clouds kept together.

Looks like a labor of love.....:)

Victor

Kinya28

Victor,

Sorry it is a typo, it was somewhere between 6 and 10 seconds, I didn't see any problem stitching sky with it.
BTW, does anybody teach me how I can read total exposure time or number of frames in C1?

Kinya

Kinya.... that's a lot of time spent on this image. Each stack image requires a 30 second exposure that has to be doubled for shifting. I'm surprised that the clouds kept together.

Looks like a labor of love.....:)

Victor

Kinya28

Kinya
Can you expalin what ISO you used for your FA and how many frames, please. Thanks.
ISO50, I don't remember number of frames and don't know how I can pull # of frame data in C1... I think it was somewhere between 8 and 12...

Kinya

Kinya28

Sierra trip, July 2019
Cathedral Lake #3

Lucky to have a beautiful pre-sunrise clouds and perfect reflection. Taken only a few steps out from our tent.

IQ4-150, Cambo-WRS 1600, Rodie HR70mm Horizontally shifted and stitched, ISO50, f8

Kinya

Attachments

danlindberg

This is a special camera. It was a gift to me in the early eighties from a famous swedish photographer (and jazz musician) - Georg Oddner (1923 - 2007). I was only 14 at the time.

https://www.oddner.com

The website is unfortunately only in swedish but if you go into 'fotogalleri' and then 'Vietnam' - that trip was shot with this particular OM2. He travelled only with one body.

He actually started as an assistant to Richard Avedon 1950. And after that he travelled around the world for decades.

Kinya28

Washington trip, August 2019
Hoh Rainforest, Olympic NP

My first visit to Olympic NP with my good friend from Japan. It was very beautiful every place we hiked but forest scenes are chaotic and difficult to find a photogenic composition.
Fortunate to have a soft light while we were wondering around the forest.

IQ4-150, Cambo-WRS 1600, Rodie HR70mm, Kept DB vertical and dropped to get this composition , ISO50, f11, Focus stacked

Kinya

Attachments

Kinya28

Hoh Rainforest #2, Olympic NP

Fortunately, I managed to capture this image just before the direct sunlight hit this scene.

IQ4-150, Cambo-WRS 1600, Rodie HR40mm, Kept DB vertical and raised to get this composition , ISO50, f11

Kinya

Attachments

Kinya28

Hoh Rainforest #3, Olympic NP

Again, forest scenes are chaotic and I found more opportunities in micro landscape like this. Wet grounds and tree trunks help standing out clover leaves.

IQ4-150, Cambo-WRS 1600, Rodie HR70mm, Kept DB vertical and raised to get this composition , ISO50, f11

Kinya

Attachments

Kinya28

Hoh Rainforest #4, Olympic NP

Yet, another image from Hoh Rainforest, Olympic NP. Interesting to see several big trees grow on the huge fallen tree trunks.

IQ4-150, Cambo-WRS 1600, Rodie HR40mm, Kept DB vertical and dropped to get this composition , ISO50, f11

Kinya

Attachments

Kinya28

Hoh Rainforest #5, Olympic NP

I know I keep uploading images from same location, Hoh Rainforest, but this is my favorite image of this series.
I promise, this is the next to last from there.

IQ4-150, Cambo-WRS 1600, Rodie HR40mm, Kept DB vertical and raised to get this composition , ISO50, f11, Focus stacked

Kinya

Attachments